“Strudel that’s hard to beat!”
Review of Cafe Forstner

Cafe Forstner
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Berchtesgaden
Reviewed 14 February 2018

A warm welcome awaited us by the multilingual staff. I was doing my best to use my school girl German (& I thought I was successful) when the waiter offered an English menu. Seating was outside, unsure what the seating was like elsewhere in the cafe but you are sitting quite close to others but that’s the same wherever you go. The main ‘square’ is pleasant and where you’ll find other cafes and restaurants. The apple strudel was absolutely beautiful, the type of food that you are sad that you have finished eating it. My husband had topfenstrudel which he also said was delicious. I thought it was quite reasonably priced and would happily pay it again. Definitely worth a visit after your trip to the Eagles Nest.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We particularly enjoy the Cafe Forstner in good weather when you can sit outside, but on a cold day it offers a nice place for a warm cup of coffee and a piece of cake. It gets busy in the afternoon, but tables turn over quickly. They also offer a few, light lunch selections as well. The cakes are always good!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

The weather when we arrived here was terrible wind and heavy rain. We walked round for a awhile and dropped on this cafe. We went upstairs to be greated by a very friendly waitress who gave us an English language menu. We settled for a cappuccino each and a toastie, my husband had a ham cheese and pineapple, I got the house special oh boy every cafe owner in Britain, should go here and see what a toastie really should be. The whole plate was full of beautifully prepared, red hot , tasty and mouth watering food, freshly cooked for you . The cafe was extremely busy but you were not rushed. The coffee was the best I've tasted in many a long time, we had a second cup. We both wanted some xake but were to full so we took some away with us yummy. The staff were friendly efficient and helpful. Highly highly recommend this cafe to everbody I would have given it 10 stars if it were possible.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Loved the cake here and had a very reasonable local wine and beer here. More of a cafe and the Sacher Torte was so moist and tasty!

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

My family and I bought icecream here. It was afternoon and more than half the outdoor seating was free. While my husband was paying for the 5 icecreams I sat down with the 3 kids under the umbrellas to eat because it startet raining. Immediatly a strict waitress told me that if I wasn't going to buy anything I couln't sit. So I had to take 3 kids and all our newly bought icecream out intro the rain!
My 2 year old startet crying because she thought the lady Said she couln't have the icecream and the two bigger ones was as confussed as I because we just bought something!!! The waitress only spoke german and though she clearly understood my english she insisted on only speakningen german. The bigget kid had to translate -he is learning german in School!
There were plenty free seats for more costumers and it would maybe have taken us 10 min to eat up and leave! Why sell icecones if costumers are not allowed to eat it? And why force a tired mommy out intro the rain with 3 kids? ,It was my only chance to sit that day! And why not try with a friendly tone? I could have used a coffee if she havn't scared my little one!

1  Thank Louisepalasin