All reviews railway track vehicles passing breakfast table guesthouse whistle noise balcony germany
Reviewed 18 July 2018

The reception lady was not welcoming us and didn't give us the detailed information. no hot water during evening. service is bad. she didn't give us the discount card for parking and bus just because she can't be around in the afternoon.
Also, she charged us 15 euro to take away one sandwich from the breakfast. It's ok if she had told us during the breakfast, but she just added to our room charge when we checked out.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2018

The nicest stay I had was in this quaint guesthouse which reminded me of tales of the Brothers Grimm.The rooms were in pine and soft beds and freshly laundered sheets and towels reminded me of a piece of home.The front view is a railway track and one wonders how roads and residences and train live in total harmony albeit a certain amount of adrenaline rush.Loved the structured way everything was run especially the simply beautifully and amply laden breakfast table .Exceptionally kind and friendly staff and manageress who were more concerned about food allergies than I was, added much to a great stay

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank suntanKualaLumpur
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Wonderful hotel! Beautiful lodgings and view from the windows. Tasty breakfast and VERY friendly stuff! The room we were living in was huge. Wi-fi didn't work properly.
One thing that is not so pleasant - you have to spend almost 2 hours in order to reach Koengissee on foot. But one must note that nature there is INCREDIBLE! so don't be lazy and spend these 2 hours walking through Achenweg to the lake!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, the hostess apologized twice for not allowing us a second night.

Location:
1 It's about 10 mins walk to the train station. A bit far from Maximilian Strasse which took us 10 mins drive + 10 mins to find parking.
2 next to the drive way, it is the train rail, then the busy main road, no pedestrian crossing, all vehicles passing pretty fast, speed sign says 70, no one slows down.

Room:
1 Wifi, or I should say No Wifi. At night: we had to sign in every 5 mins for "30 minutes free use", in the morning, no wifi available at all.
2 Rather small, tiny shower, no balcony. A shared terrace.
3 We are sensitive to
noise, we can hear the trains blow its whistle as this place is about 10-15 meters away from the railway line.
4 The hostess was very nice to lend us a kettle to boil our own tea.
5 TV small, no English speaking Channel.

Breakfast:
Traditional German breakfast, good coffee. Dining seats are by room, quite narrow.

Price: 65.8€ (one night). Hard to believe that internet does not work... in germany!? Not very good value for money.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Conveniently located, just under 10 mins walk from the rail station. About 20 mins walk into heart of town. I had a nice loft room, ensuite with balcony overlooking mainroad and the railway track which passes in front of the guesthouse. Trains passing occasionally might be an issue for some people, especially when they blow the whistle as they pass over the crossing in front of the guesthouse. Some travellers I was with commented about the noise they made but it didn't bother me, I liked to see and hear them, perhaps I am a closet trainspotter! Last train was about 12.15am, first morning train about 6.30am. Also very busy main road outside guesthouse with vehicles passing pretty fast and no crossing. Probably not suitable for you if you are slow on your feet as once there was a gap you had to get across quickly! Quieter though in the evening.
Accomodation though was clean and comfortable, good breakfast with good choice of things to eat. Staff were friendly,. Only slight downside for me was no tea making facilities in the room, I could have taken a travel kettle had I found out first. Would recommend this guesthouse. so long as you are quick on your feet and look out for the trains crossing!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends