See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Very cosy hotel. Traditional etc the staff make a point of being useful which is always really good. Best breakfast we've had on our trip. Only downsides were that the main road can be quite noisy and on the first night we didn't only got one towel and no Bathmats.. Rooms are small but have lovely high ceilings and the bathrooms seem brand new

Date of stay: June 2014
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I visited the hotel only by chance, becaue I had originally booked the hotel Plattengarten in Ansbach. Because I was late, I could not reach the hotel Plattengarten before 22,00 and I had to cancel it. I called several other hotels till I finally called the hotel Gruenwald. Unlike others they booked 2 single rooms for me and told me where I can find the keys in case I would came in the night. When I came at 23,20, the lady I called with was still present and she also made me a draught beer yet:-) I also bought an unlimited internet connection for symbolic 1€, which is also not commen in Germany.
The Hotel is nice and cozy, the room was enough spacy and very eligible, the sleeping quality very good.
For the level of such hotels and pensions in Germany with the price from 50 to 80€ (I paid 60€ for singe room with breakfast here), the breakfast was more than average, there was the vegetable as well as fruits.
The hotel is situated only some minutes from Ansbach with the car, however it stands allone in the wood.
I will surelly choise it next time.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Fero967
Reviewed 18 February 2011

My family of four, plus a cat and dog, stayed here while looking for a house during a PCS move. It was a little out of the way from the military base that we had to in process through, but it was well worth the eight minute trip in the morning. We had the family rooms that joined together, so we had two bathrooms and plenty of space for the whole family. The weather was very cold and snowy, so we were stuck inside for a few days, and the Hartman's (the owners) brought out the sleds for the kids, and turned the conference room into a Lego room (Lego's provided!). I gained five pounds due to the breakfast, and when they found out I have a lactose problem, they went out and bought all sorts of lactose free stuff for me to eat at breakfast. The restaurant was equally wonderful. The best way I can describe this hotel is as a large bed and breakfast. All the staff was wonderful and helpful as we began our integration into Germany. This could be the first time any of my family has cried when leaving a hotel. When family comes over, this is where they will stay. If friends ask where to go, this is where I will send them. I cannot begin to express how wonderful this place is. Hit the button, and make your reservation! Tell them Chris sent you.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank 47Driver
Reviewed 10 October 2009

We stayed for 3 weeks at the Gruenwald during a military move & they could not have been more helpful! The location is just fabulous; only 50 feet from the hotel are extensive trails through the forest, perfect for hikers and very much appreciated by my dog! The rooms were spacious & spotlessly clean. Breakfast was a treat every morning with the warm, fresh rolls tempting you out of bed! Would recommend this hotel highly!

Date of stay: September 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank garrodgal
Reviewed 21 August 2009

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Hotel Grunwald very much. The service was great. The front desk helped us with transportation, and sightseeing ideas. Our room was very cheerful and clean. The bathroom was small, but we did very well in the small space. The breakfast that was included was also very good. The breads and rolls were fresh and the cold meats, cheeses, and spreads were very tasty. We also enjoyed the hot, freshly brewed tea of our choice every morning. I would highly recommend this hotel to other travelers.

Date of stay: June 2009