“Lunch beside the canal”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Plein Sud is a basic little café situated beside the canal in the old town.
It is in a lovely position so try and sit outside.
The staff were a little abrupt this maybe because they were very busy.
There is a small menu to choose from, we had salads which had fruit on the top.

1  Thank lindadownunder

Reviewed 18 September 2016

nice smiling staff but it is maybe to hide the fact that the menu is quite poor. the salads comes with an original arrangement as the chef put fruits in the salad such as strawberries, raspberries, etc... the location is good but if you are seating on the terrace, all people passing by are checking what you are eating as the space is quite narrow. the food is far from the morning purchase on the local market. Genepi was offered at the end. NO credit card accepted, only cash

Reviewed 19 August 2016

Can't argue with the price, set menu on offer at 16.90 euro for choice of starters, pizzas and desserts. I had the tomato salad (oddly decorated with raspberry, blackberry and a cherry, but tasty, and with a basket of very good fresh crusty bread), a mushroom pizza (not on menu but offered when I asked if I could have one of the set menu ones without the anchovies since I'm veggie, and fresh fruit salad. Local Savoie wine by the carafe was cheap but quite drinkable. Service was friendly. Not sure if it's always the case but this week they were only accepting cash, no cards.

Reviewed 30 November 2015

We loved this restaurant, eating there twice in our several day stay in Annecy in Sept. Enjoyed sitting outside along the River Thiou canal on gorgeous evenings. We liked the variety of the delicious veggies and other items in the "Plein Sud" salad and the pizzas delish too with the perfectly cooked fried egg on the top a nice touch. There was a small mistake in our order made by our waiter that was dealt with immediately, the Madame was very attentive to our needs and fun to talk with. I'd definitely recommend.

Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

I visited at the weekend which was very busy in Annecy, walking by we didn't think much Plein Sud despite it's location but it was the only place with a spare table and the prices were v reasonable for Annecy so we decided to take a table - we were so glad we grabbed it!

The staff were very friendly, if slightly unconventional in their service! I ordered a pizza, which was light and crispy and tasted very good, but my partner ordered a melon salad which was the real star! It was delicious and a good portion for the price. At other tables salads had been ordered and they all looked great, more than just a few leaves on a plate!

I would definitely return if in Annecy again and and very glad we didn't overlook this unassuming restaurant.

Worth noting that the kitchen closes at 10pm and the menu offer stops at 9.30pm accordingly, but this is clearly displayed. The place was mostly full of locals when I visited - a good sign for sure!