All reviews liberty square very nice stay old town star hotel breakfast bar staff were friendly one night stay floor position port fridge
Reviewed 28 July 2018

I chose this hotel because of its location and general impression, even though I had read about WiFi-problems over some time in total, but I never thought this would be so bad. I had booked a stay of 4 nights and only had very bad Wifi the first day - after that nothing at all, exept some connection in the lobby also not working most of the time. I asked at reception what was going on and I got all kind of different answers by the staff that were obviously annoyed by my remarks. (The stagiairguy who sat there didn't even speak English!) This although i heard from several other guests they had the same problems. I had asked for a quiet room, but the room I got facing the courtyard was very noisy due to the ongoing sound of other aircosystems so I could not open the window at night. The 3 night I got water dripping from the ceiling because of leaking airco and next morning TV didn't work because internetconnection operating the TV failed altogether now. This in combination with receptionstaff's attitude made me deceide I check out one night earlier and asked for refund and compensation, which I got even though the receptionist with beard made me wait because he wanted to go out to smoke a cigarette first! Clearly lack of decency towards me as guest. Compensation was given to me by the manager who I didn't talk to myself, was an apropiate 1 night refund and 1 night extra refund for all the agony. But no apologies afterwards by email even though I wrote them I felt it was a pity things had occured this way - I got no response at all. So know what you can expect at this hotel. Only nice staff is cleaningstaff - maybe they should be put behind the frontdesk - they were absolutely lovely!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Lizzy95
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Had a one night stay here, to visit Toulon and her attractions. Nice location, 10-15 mins walk away from shopping areas, 20min walk to the harbour where you can enjoy the lovely restaurants by the sea. Room was quite spacious, the bed was comfortable, the shower water pressure is good and is generally clean. The breakfast is reasonable too, with croissants, ham slices, omelette and others.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Amiraute in Toulon for eleven nights in May 2018. We found the hotel to be very comfortable and clean with very helpful and friendly staff. Some rooms have fridges and coffee making facilities but as I had brought a travelling kettle with me it was not a problem that ours did not. However, hot and cold drinks were also available 24/7 from the breakfast room. The breakfast bar at first sight looked meagre but we quickly found it to be plentiful...small amounts of food being put out at a time and replenished as required. The Wi-Fi wasn't too brilliant but wasn't a huge problem so this is merely an observation. The hotel is ideally placed for Liberty Square which is just yards away and is the hub of many many bus routes and surrounded by shops and restaurants. The hotel is right on the edge of old-town Toulon with its plentiful selection of (non tourist) shops along meandering streets and daily market (except for Mondays), the opera house, cathedral and many, many interesting places like art galleries etc. It's also just a few minutes walk from the quay with all the restaurants etc and regular ferries across the bay. We would have no hesitation in recommending Hotel Amiraute to anyone wanting somewhere to stay that has a small homely feel to it. I believe it to be bigger than it appears as it stretches up over several floors but with each floor having just a small number of rooms. Well done Hotel Amiraute.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Great little hotel in a very central position close to everything. Hotel is currently undergoing refurbishment and so some common areas look a little tired. However the rooms are comfortable, clean and more than adequate. Our room had been refurbished, the large shower room and separate wc were brilliant.
Breakfast was plentiful and the breakfast area very pleasant. Generous tea, coffee etc. available at all times to help yourself. The staff were friendly and accommodating - can’t fault.
A good value 3 star hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2017

I enjoyed it very much and will definitely come again...perhaps then for vacation!
The Hotel is very good located, has an excellent Service, very good French breakfast and reasonable Prices. Thank you very much!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank petergY6282EQ