All reviews budget hotel close to the city center big bed metro station cours julien air conditioning notre dame by foot visit marseille hotel is located mont port rue charles
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

First of all, the location was very good. My room was clean, with a big bed, and a nice TV. There was air conditioning, but I never tried to use it, the temperature was great. Had a window, which allowed it to be sunny. You can be in 30 minutes walking at Plage Catalans, basically it is 3 long streets, all in the same direction. Walking 15 minutes takes you to the port, with lots of stores and restaurants if you take Rue de la Rome. The staff at reception and the cleaning staff very polite, and helpfull. Few tips about location - I arrived by train from Paris. Basically, it is around 15 minutes walking to the St. Charles train and bus Station, but I I had no Web connection, so I took a taxi, which costed me 15 €. If you have to go to the airport, you must take the coach, anyway. There is no public bus, or metro for the airport. You take the airport shuttle / bus from St. Charles station anyway. The airport journey takes you around 30 minutes. The ticket price is 8.30€. Value for money. P. S. I had no breakfast, since I am more of a "brunch" type, however, you can get coffee from a coffee machine by the reception, for a 1€ coin, and soft drinks which would cost a bit more. Had no time to make photos of the room, or hotel itself, but it is not far from the streets in my photos.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Overall this is a nice hotel for an affordable price. The hotel staff were friendly. I was offered to check-in early for no extra charge. This was appreciated after a tiring trip. My 7th floor room view was stunning! I could see the mountains, charming buildings and even Notre Dome. The tram and metro are close. The only dislikes: the bed could be more comfortable and the bathroom smelled bad.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank dreamer_iam_travel
Reviewed 3 December 2017

The hotel is located close to the vieux port of Marseille (aprox. 10 min by foot) and the shopping area (if you are interested). A metro station (Notre Dame du Mont - Cours Julien) is 5 minutes from the hotel, connecting to St. Charles (main train station of the city also for TGV trains).

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

We just stayed in the hotel for a weekend. Nice tidy cozy hotel for short stay. You get bed, shower, tv, WiFi for very reasonable price. Nothing fancy, but this is what you pay for. Breakfast cheap 5eur, but we didn’t take it, just went outside, there are nice cafe around. Also this place perfect with the location, you can walk to the old harbour in 10min. We had three rooms , and I would say I even was lucky with the view to the Notre dame de la Garde, our friends got rooms with the balcony. Very happy with the stay. Staff was very lovely as well. Merci bocu!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Amazing staff !! everyone was so kind and helpful ! restaurant suggestions, city info, you name it ! Congratulations to all from the desk to the housekeeping who greeted us with a smile :-) It all made our stay feel very comfy ! The hotel was clean and tidy , ofcourse the rooms were basic but exactly what i was expecting for this reasonable price so no complaints whatsoever . Next time in Marseille i will surely come again if i need a hotel stay !

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple