“Wonderful day with a wonderful guide!”

One Day in Provence - Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 106 Tours in Marseille
More attraction details
Owner description: One day in Provence is an agency specialized in "tailor made", luxury and private tours in Provence for small groups. From Marseille, Avignon, Aix-en-Provence, Nice or Canne, our driver-guides make for you an amazing private tour around Provence off the beaten trails. For a day tour, a week or even more, our knowledgeable guides bilingual in English will be pleased to drive you where you want.Discover Provence and its wonderful landscapes : wine tours, hilltop villages of Luberon, Cézanne and Van Gogh's Provence, Marseille, Cassis and its wonderful creeks, Avignon and Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Nice, Monaco, Cannes, French Riviera… Our guides can also organise for you an amazing wine tour in Provence, a shopping day tour, a cooking lesson with a famous chef.Cruise passenger : our drivers will be pleased to pick you up in Marseille's port for an excursion during your cruise in the Mediterrean Sea.
Reviewed 18 September 2018

My husband and I had an outstanding experience with William and One Day in Provence. William is extremely knowledgeable and fun to be around, and created a perfect itinerary for our day. We got to see some truly stunning sights and had a fabulous lunch. What really made such a great impression was William's willingness to go above and beyond. In addition to our tour, he helped us arrange a rental car (which would have been an extremely trying experience for us, giving our limited French) and gave us tips for some of the best places to see on the next leg of our trip (we were driving from Aix to Nice the following day). William was professional, proficient, and extremely warm and friendly. Recommend this company to anyone who wants to make the most of Provence!!

Vi t, Propriétaire at One Day in Provence - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you very much for this amazing review !
Best regards,

"highlight of our trip"
in 6 reviews
"great tour"
in 9 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 5 reviews
"wonderful lunch"
in 3 reviews
"buy local"

Reviewed 10 August 2018

My family (including a 10 yr old and 2 teens) stopped in Marseille on our cruise. We arranged to meet William for a tour. The booking/communication process was easy and efficient. William was very helpful in making a plan as to what we should do for the day. He was waiting for us with a sign when we arrived. He is a top-notch guide. Very intelligent and knowledgeable about the area and the history. He knew exactly where to take us to get a taste of the area in one short day. We visited a charming village and he allowed us to stroll through the market. He showed us local delicacies and favorites as we discussed history and traditions. He had a complete agenda in mind as to where to take us but also adjusted it as he learned what we were interested in seeing or doing. When he understood what might be of interest to the kids he changed his plan a little and took us to a beautiful cove so the girls could play along the shore for a few minutes. He took us to a wonderful lunch and to vistas that were breathtaking. I feel like he could adjust his tour to any type of group with various interest. We would highly recommend him!

1  Thank awoot

Thank you !!
Best regards

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Fantastic tour with Cedric (sp?). Very friendly and informative. Surveyed everyone in our group and this tour was the best of the 6 tours we used during this trip, hands down. Walked through the market in Aix and Cedric purchased samples of sausages, fruits and cheeses to try in a number of stalls. Lunch in Cassis was fantastic- great table right on the waterfront. Highly recommended!!

Yes Cédric :)
Thank you so much !

Reviewed 20 July 2018

My parents and I took a mediterranean cruise this summer that had Marseilles as a port of call. I knew immediately that we would want to visit the Provencal hill towns because we typically prefer smaller more intimate towns rather than larger cities. I usually do quite a bit of research on places to see so began my search for a tour/guide. We wanted to book a small group or private tour that visited several towns in the region. I came across the One Day in Provence website through a google search and a high review on Trip Advisor. I was drawn in immediately because of the professional presentation of their website and the information provided. I reached out to William to enquire about itinerary, cost, etc. He was extremely quick to reply and provided great information. After considering a few other options (itineraries, cost, group size, etc.) we decided to book our tour with One Day in Provence. The deposit payment process was very easy (looked like something similar to PayPal) and then we paid the remaining balance the day of the tour. I think this tour was a great value for what you get to see and the professional experience. It was worth every penny!

Now for the best part, tour day! Our cruise boat ended up docking at an unusual spot in the harbor. William was quick to communicate with us so that we were able to meet up quickly. The vehicle was a spacious, luxury van that was easy to get in and out of and it had great AC. William was a great driver that we felt safe with the whole time. On our way to our first hill town William gave us some history of the area. We learned a little about his family and personal history and how he ended up in the area and why he started this tour business.

Our tour started out visiting the town of Gordes. William took us to a great overlook/photo opp stop which immediately took our breath away. We entered the town and had time to explore the town for a bit.

Next we drove to the ochre colored cliff town of Roussillon. In route, William stopped us at an off the beaten path farm house that had lavender in bloom for a photo and to admire the beauty. We jokingly thanked William for making the weather cooperate so we could have such a beautiful view. Once we arrived in Roussillon we again had time to explore the town and make a few souvenir purchases.

Our next stop was the town of Lacoste. This town is pretty quiet but has a unique look and history of its inhabitants. William explained some of the history and gave us instructions on a walking path through the city.

Our final hill town stop was Lourmarin. I think this was our favorite stop of all. William had made us a reservation at a cafe that he frequents that was delightful. He mentioned that have a sampler type dish that would allow us to sample several items from the region. It was fantastic and the staff was very friendly and accommodating to our short schedule. We also were able to enjoy one of the local Rose wines from the region and William gave us some recommendations for some to look for when we got back home. After lunch we explored and shopped in that village. As a very American sounding side note, it was great having a native French speaker with us for the day. Everyone we met/spoke with were very friendly and most spoke good English but it just made communication that much faster and easier.

We ended our tour by seeing the town of Aix. We had mentioned to William early in the day that we wanted to purchase some local olive oil, herbs and linens to take back. Because of his familiarity of the region he took us directly to great stores to buy these items.

On our way back to the ship William asked us about the remaining ports on our cruise. He gave us some fantastic recommendations on what to do along the French Riviera and suggestions on what he would look to do on the island of Corsica.

We could not have had a better day and can't wait to go back to visit again! If we get the chance to go back we won't hesitate to contact William to schedule something again!

4  Thank Meredith R
Vi t, Gérant at One Day in Provence - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you so much Meredith for this great review. It was a pleasure to spend this day with you and your parents. I hope to see you again soon in Provence!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 July 2018

We were a group of 4 couples on vacation in Provence. In the months preceding our vacation, William worked with me on scheduling several all-day tours while we were in Provence. William did an amazing job of helping me customize our tours. Due to the size of our group William selected Patrick as our tour guide. Both worked unbelievably hard to make our trip as enjoyable as possible. When we had a minor issue with one of our hotels, William contacted the hotel manager and resolved the issue fantastically. I can not imagine our tours without Patrick guiding us. His advise and suggestions were perfect. When we needed to, Patrick helped tweak our tours on the fly to meet our changing desires. When I needed medical attention and an emergency room visit, Patrick went above and beyond in his duties as a tour guide. Patrick meet me and my wife at the hospital 3 hours before our group tour was to begin. He stayed with my wife in the waiting room while I had x-rays taken. When I could not communicate with the doctor who did not speak English, Patrick came in and worked as a translator. I will never be able to thank Patrick enough for what he did for me and my wife on that day!
Steve H.

2  Thank hoseyso
Vi t, Gérant at One Day in Provence - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Thank you so much Steeve for this great review... We hope everything is ok for you now & hope to see you again in Provence soon.
Best regards,