1,600 results
All reviews palm beach sea view beautiful pool pool towels vieux port modern design business trip stayed here for nights south of france balcony taxi mediterranean euros poolside cassis
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Wonderful helpful staff were waiting to greet us and informed us of different ways we could get out and about. Although the hotel is a little out of town, it is set below the road, facing the sea and has fantastic views out to sea, there is a strip of bars and restaurants nearby. The main reason for writing this review is to state that our room was superb and although many of the reviews I read described the rooms as needing updating, this was certainly not the case. We had a double with balcony and deaview and it was modern and gorgeous. The rooms overlook a beautiful pool although it was too chilly for a swim, it did look most inviting. The terrace adjoining the restaurant shares the same spectacular view and breakfast is a thing of beauty. For me, the hotel was perfect and the team professional and friendly.

Room tip: Double with a sea view and balcony
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
MANAGER_PALMBEACH, Responsable relations clients at nhow Marseille, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2016

Dear Madam,
We warmly thank you for writing this review on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Pullman Palm Beach. We are really glad that your « room with a view » fulfilled all your needs and wishes as well as our « professional and friendly »staff. Your satisfaction is our best reward!
Looking forward to welcoming you back in South of France,
Best regards,
Margaux Morel
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

I mean look at the pictures. The view is gorgeous. Nice pool, right on the water. It's beautiful.

The lobby and lounge areas were standard of a Pullman. Trendy, clean. The reception and valet were courteous and helpful. The service at the bar and outside area was lackluster. The room was decent. Clean and as stated, a great view. The bed was comfortable. The shower was nice with plenty of hot water. Our two complaints were the thermostat and the noise. Both of which were extremely unfortunate and all but negated the positive aspects of the establishment.

1- Thermostat. We didn't need it until bed, the room felt OK although it was not on upon our arrival. We set it before bed and it never cut on. We both slept horribly and were hot all night. It was unbearable in the morning after both taking showers. My face was so moist that I couldn't even put my makeup on properly. We would have called reception but were just in a rush to get out of there. Upon checkout, I told them that I thought it was broken and she informed me that you have to "hold down two buttons at the same time, for quite some time." She was apologetic but I can't get over the fact that this information was not given to us upon our check in. This was disappointing. Perhaps it is simply a European thing in some areas, but this is the first we have encountered it and we have done a substantial amount of traveling, around France in particular. Not to mention, we had a conversation when checking in about how we were American. It would have been useful and changed our experience if we had been informed of the specific, unique way to properly cut the unit on.

2- Noise. I awoke at 5:45 am to a loud banging. I tried to ignore it, but it was constant. I ended up getting out of bed. Somehow my husband slept through it. I kept peering out the window to try and figure out the source. Turns out the hotel is right next to a boat repair facility or something of the sort. The banging was an employee working on a boat trailer, which I understand cannot be helped by the hotel. However, not long after this, I became aware of the staff going about their morning routines. I find it hard to believe that they were cleaning rooms as it was so early, so I am not certain of what was going on exactly. I just know that doors were being slammed and normal stirrings were louder than usual. My husband woke up at this time due to the noise and was unable to go back to sleep. Luckily I put some earplugs in and was able to catch another hour or so, albeit restless. Not sure if the walls and windows are thin or what but it was definitely not the standard that we are used to in hotels. Quite loud. We were next to a service room, perhaps this had something to do with it. (Laundry?) If you are going to stay here, take care with selecting your room. If I were to return (which I will not) I would insist on a room on the side away from the boat repair facility... And not directly next to a service room. (If you are looking at the pool and water, the boat company is to your left.)

Mixed feelings for my husband and I. Mixed review overall but we will not return and I'm not sure I could recommend this hotel to friends or family.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ashleyc41214
Reviewed 9 May 2016

A medium priced hotel with some rooms that have great views over the bay
There is a swimming pool but its not heated - so a bit too chilly when I went in early May.
The breakfast was included and was a generous buffet style with many choises
It was possible to sit on the terrace which was fun if a little breezy
The evening meal was a very good standard

Room tip: ask for roos overlooking the sea/ pool
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank LissieJane125
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

We booked a sea view room with a balcony. This was amazing, and the view was spectacular. If you are going to stay here, spend the little extra, because it's worth it. Very helpful staff took care of all our needs, and answered all of our questions. This is now a definite stop anytime we're in France...

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles L
Reviewed 2 May 2016

The hotel is located in Marseille, right on the beach. Even it is relatively far from downtown, you can easily take the bus. The hotel has its own beach and swimming pool with sea water. The rooms are spacious and well equipped, as well as bathrooms. The service is good, the food is excellent. I recommend this hotel for the good location and surrounding sights.

Date of stay: June 2015