1,698 results
All reviews train station gare saint charles travelling by train rail travellers early train walked everywhere old port quiet at night minute walk free wifi staff at reception homeless people comfortable bed excellent location hotel is perfect air conditioning main station
Reviewed 1 August 2018

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Gregor O, Directeur général at Ibis Marseille Centre Gare Saint-Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Stayed for the weekend whilst attending the F1 race. The room was small, with a small bathroom, but adequate. Breakfast was okay, was continental and quite basic. Few of the staff spoke English so it was difficult to get drinks or food, but we were the foreigners so can't complain too much. We ate in the restaurant one night and it was okay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018

After so much search, review readings, price comparisons, I settled with this hotel mostly because it was walking distance from the train station and since I was arriving late at night I didn't think walking 15+ minutes to the next preferred option was a viable choice. I made my reservation via the cheapest OTA i could find, knowing that I could get the worst room available

I stayed at this hotel from July 15-18. Getting to the hotel using google maps was a bit tricky, I was moving around in circles for a bit, stopped and asked for directions and was good to go! Upon arrival at the hotel, the front desk rep. (forgot to check for her namewas so sweet I was expecting her to flip any minute. She was respectful, gave clear directions and explanations. (not the typical welcome you get from a "frenchie"--sorry for the generalization). I had stayed at a Marriott in Paris prior to this, and this welcome was more welcoming that what I got at a 4* property that I had status at.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that my room wasn't that bad; actually it wasn't bad at all! It was overlooking the station, and you could see the city skyline a bit (not the best viw), small in size, but clean. Clean sheets, shower has pressure in it etc, bath tub was also small but clean, internet worked fine, didn't find any crawling or flying enemies, AC was great and location was perfect! I walked everywhere throughout my stay in Marseilles. The guy at the bar was also really great. I asked for a cup, he asked if I needed Ice.. like where you find these level of pro-activeness in Europe?

Olivier checked me out and was just as pleasant as the lovely lady that checked me in. I used the restroom after I checked out and it was clean. In all, my stay was great, I didn't have any issues with the staff, cleanness of the hotel, For the price I paid, I was beyond satisfied. I will stay there again if ever come back to Marseilles

PS. the city view from the top is really amazing! Make sure you get up there and take it all in

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Gregor O, Directeur général at Ibis Marseille Centre Gare Saint-Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

We are pleased to note that our services and services have been up to your expectations. We hope to see you again during your next stay in Marseille.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

This IBIS hotel is very well located close to the Gare St-Charles and is thus theoretically a very good location to do things in and around Marseilles. The price for our stay was an average of £59.41 which is not at all bad for this location.

The bedroom looked clean and tidy and the bed was comfortable. However both the bathroom and to a lesser extent the bedroom were infested by some bugs which seemed to be coming from behind the tiles in the bathroom. Not nice.

The car parking facilities were not so good and the staff unhelpful in that regard - so much so that we checked out early.

There are other good hotels in the neighbourhood. We shall not be going back

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Good standard. Very practical and close to the station. We literally dropped the hire car, crossed the road to the hotel. Good air.con and when I requested another pillow it was no problem. We ate there after arriving at 9pm and the burgers were fresh and v tasty. Very quiet in the rooms during the night. Clean, convenient comfortable.
Lost a star for food service. Seemed adequately staffed but fairly slow.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Gregor O, Directeur général at Ibis Marseille Centre Gare Saint-Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and wrote us a comment, it's a pleasure for us to read all your compliments.

We hope we will see you again.

Best regards,