All reviews swimming pool residential area charming hotel rooms are clean marseille centre spent nights old port yogurt minute walk swimmingpool corniche
Reviewed 28 April 2016

The hotel is in an area away from restaurants and bars so if you don't mind staying in the hotel of an evening it will suit you. However our visit to the hotel restaurant one evening was the worst experience ever!
I ordered creamy cheese and spinach cannelloni and was brought cannelloni stuffed and surrounded by ratatouille. As I do not like tomato I returned the dish,politely, and asked for a plain cheeseburger ( no sauce) and requested vegetables instead of frites ( steamed vegetables were on the menu with another main meal). The waiter apologised when he brought me cheeseburger, covered in tomato sauce, and frites. I was informed the chef wouldn't serve me vegetables and had put sauce on the burger despite my request not to. I explained to the waiter I couldn't eat the burger and requested a fresh one! I should add at this time that I had so far been waiting 45 minutes for food and my husband had completed his meal.the waiter returned shortly after, looking ashamed, and presented me with the same burger with the sauce scraped off and black, burnt fritters. The chef had refused to prepare my fresh meal and could be heard shouting at the waiter.
The experience spoiled my stay which was a shame because the chef tarred the reputation of the hotel. All of the other staff were excellent ( including the poor waiter). I was not charged for my ( non existent) food but nevertheless went to bed hungry.
The room and staff were otherwise good.

Room tip: Room 412 had a corner bath, a view of the church and was quiet.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
F_Graziani, Director at New Hotel Bompard, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

We are deeply sorry about the problem you mention in your review and will take the necessary steps to ensure this does not happen again. We hope to see you in better conditions. Best regards

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Stayed here for 3 nights. Room only. Very comfortable bed and maid came each day. Staff very friendly and helpful. Lovely grounds with outdoor pool. 10 min bus ride to main town and 10 min walk to beaches. Lovely quite residential area

Date of stay: April 2016

Dear Julia S, Thank you for your comment that is our reward . See you soon !

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel with nice rooms. Good matrasses and good pillows which is really important to me. The restaurant was a big disappointment as we could not get food after 21.30 when we arrived at 21.30 after a long flight. Recommend it and will go there again. Good value for the price.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
F_Graziani, Directrice at New Hotel Bompard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Thank you for your comment. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Its really a perfect place to stay. Superb garden, free parking, freindly staff n above all the breakfast was superb. Rooms are spacious with refrigerated fully equipped bar. They got a nice swimming pool as well. Highly recomanded.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your comment. We are really happy to read that you appreciated your stay at the Newhotel Bompard. We hope to see you next time.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

Just spent one night there. It was recommended by a friend of mine and I was not disappointed. This is an authentic boutique hotel in the middle of Marseille. The car park is very convenient as it is very hard to find good parking spots in this city.
The rooms are small but very welcoming (love the nespreso machine in each room)
The front office staff members were very efficient. We had a problem with our online booking and they were very good at sorting everything out for us.
The breakfast is also amazing.
In other words, this is the place to stay in Marseille!

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CharlotteHenry
F_Graziani, Directeur général at New Hotel Bompard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2016

Dear CharlotteHenry, Thank you for your comment. We are happy to know your stay was great among us. We'll be happy to welcome you for your next trip in Marseille. Best regards.