1,022 results
All reviews train station old port hi express marseille saint charles convenient location directly across the street arriving by train included breakfast busy road cold meats minute walk excellent location perfect hotel main station late at night yogurt hotel is located
Reviewed 8 September 2018

location is brilliant as opposite the train and bus station without causing any disturbance of noise.a 15 minute walk to the main amenities to the old port.
we had a few issues with the hotel itself..
room is in need of a freshen up,scuffed paintwork,marked walls etc,
few electric plugs loose from wall,
lack of storage( we stayed for 3 nights)
no complaints on cleanliness of the room or hotel in general, aside from the shower curtain needed to be replaced as stained al along the bottom, the towels were old and thin and stained slightly and needed to be bigger.
the shower pressure was very low and the actual shower needs to be replaced.
breakfast is very average, same everyday, pastries and continental, coffee machine very basic and NO ENGLISH TEABAGS ON OFFER! on request from staff was given some but very awkward!! surely this is standard!?
we have stayed in 2 other holiday inns and have enjoyed them more,, a little bit disappointing.
on a positive all the staff were all extremely helpful and couldnt do enough for you!

Room Tip: ask for top floor
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marseille-Saint Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Hi V181IJlindas,

Thanks for staying at our hotel for your travel and for sharing feedback, it's great to hear your sentiments. Comfortable accommodations is what we consistently aim to provide, however, I'm sorry to learn that you were let down by the room condition, amenities, bathroom facility and breakfast experience. I do understand how frustrating this can be and forgive us for the inconvenience you had endured during your stay.

Comments like yours are highly appreciated as this will surely go a long way in checking the gaps of certain areas of concerns that need further improvements. I assure you that I have forwarded this to the upper management for checking.

On the positive side, I'm happy to know that you found our helpful staff to be superb and hotel location beneficial for your travel needs.

Once more, thank you for sharing your thoughts and concern. Despite some impediments, I hope you give our hotel another chance to host you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Basically across the road from the train station. My wife and I caught the train from Toulouse to Marseille and stayed at this hotel. It was clean and had plenty of dining options close by. A few minutes walk down to the old port and many local attractions.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here with our baby for 4 nights. The hotel is conviently placed across the road from the railway station where the Eurostar arrives, and away from the business of the centre of Marseille itself.
We had a lovely room, with enough room for the baby to crawl around.
The breakfast were also lovely, with ample selection of food.
The marina and centre is a short 15 minute walk away, however this was downhill so we caught the metro back to the station each time.
I would definitely stay here if I visited Marseille again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Very satisfied with a location. We arrived by train and hotel is located very close to the train station and tourist attractions. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff were polite and friendly. Good breakfast.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2018

I stayed here just for a single night, as a stop over between two other cities. It was easy to find, located just opposite of the train station. The staff were all very friendly and spoke a range of languages. It's not in the best part of town but the city center is only a short walk away.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo