All reviews the bus main road room was clean family room great view of the bay budget hotel double bed enjoyed our stay the hotel staff air con french riviera friendly hotel lovely town swimming pool cruise ship min walk stayed here for nights
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Hotel is in a great location, handy for buses and an enjoyable short walk to the seafront. It is on a hill but none of the climbs are too steep. The hotel is rustic, very clean but basic. If you request a sea view you won't be disappointed. All staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2016

Just wanted to say that I booked a room at this hotel using a popular hotel booking website which I have used many times before..
I inadvertently used my old credit card instead of my new one to reserve the room. With no phone call , email or any other form of correspondence this hotel cancelled my booking without telling me because my stay would have been after my card expired ( because I had used the old card ). The professional approach to this issue would have been to contact me and explain the situation at which point I would have realised the wrong credit card had been used to make the booking. Very very poor customer service and not good business practice -

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Maria F
Reviewed 6 April 2016

Well situated Easy to find,free parking and a 10-minute walk from the port. The view and excellent breakfast makes up for the fact that this is a slightly rundown hotel at a Price that leads you to expect more effeciency. Go for room 12.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2016

Villefranche-sur-mer is a small town immediately east of Nice, and easily reachable with bus from Nice and its international airport. The hotel is on the main road (basse corniche) coming into town from Nice, and about one kilometer away from the sea, 10 min. from the seashore. The view from the seaside rooms is great, just over the Bay of Villefranche. Our room was not very big, but enough for a couple and it has a small terrasse with open view. The hotel is to be recommended, but a seaside room should be requested to fully enjoy it.

Room Tip: Would recommend only the seaside rooms, preferably on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frenchkitchen64
Reviewed 29 October 2015

The hotel is in a good location and even though it is on the lower main road between Nice and Monaco it is quiet at night. The staff is helpful and speaks English well, free parking is nice if you have a car (the main reason why we didn't stay down the hill in the main part of town on the water). The hotel has very nice views of the bay from the outdoor areas and rooms facing the water.

The 2 reasons for only 3 stars is that the rooms are very small (my definition of it is when you can't have at least one suitcase to be out an open, except on the bed) and the mattress we had was terrible - it was hard, which is common in Europe, but the worst part was that it was noisy when you moved - it made a plastic sound like a bed-wetting cover even though it wasn't wrapped in plastic)

Room Tip: all the rooms on our floor looked small to me - find out if there are larger ones
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple