All reviews half board hotel restaurant great hotel large bathroom pool area small hotel minute walk piano jacuzzi reception cannes
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Close relatives booked this hotel for me last year and someone during the night came into my room by the balcony to steal all m'y belongings while I was sleeping. The experience was really choking because I woke up while he was there. I would have never mentioned this on TripAdvisor if the management of the hotel would have behaved professionally.

Unfortunately this was not the case...

First of I have to go to the police by myself very early in the morning. The management of the hotel did not bother at all to just say "sorry".

Finally they did not propose any kind of compensation & did not even bother to talk to me or reply to my letter when trying to know if the insurance could be use.

There is a complete lack of security in this hotel and you should be aware of this kind of incident and how the hotel is acting.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Schoneve
Reviewed 10 July 2017

we booked for three nights after visiting Cannes on half board.
arrived at 12.30 no room avaialble until 3 as advertised but were offered the pool and gardens it was very hot so we chose to go to into St Raphael for lunch after laeving the big cases at resception.
It was a big change of room after the Cannes one
Tiny room it seemed, no fridge of any kind so no cold drinks and no balcony or terrace in the cheaper rooms .
The beds were small but comfortable and plenty of cupboard space but single file doing anything in the bed room.
The bathroom was a good big size with a bath and a small shower stall as well much appreciated.

It was when we saw people able to look in from an outdoor staircase a few feet away we felt unhappy and the next day I did tell them the vis a vis as the call it in France was not good for us .the lady explained it was a special occasion that evening and staff had used it from the kitchen and others too as far as we could seewould not be happening again as she would lock the door
this did not please quite a few people by the banging on it we heard over the next two days.
It turned out this was the fire door from the passage at the side of our room and the breakfast kitchen .
it seemed it was usually propped open for a breeze and people coming in and out from the car park as a short cut.
I was astonished and did tell the receptionist the last morning that this us illegal as is the locking of it. n so no number 6 for us please.

the restaurant was very good excellent staff and meals I will leave a separate report

Room tip: not 6 as its over looked, I would chose an upper room next time there is a small lift
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2017

we have just had a 2 week holiday and we cannot find fault with anything at all. the hotel, the pool, the food all were brilliant, the staff could not have been better, we will be returning hopefully very soon.

Room tip: no children go here which is even better
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2016

During Antwerp's yearly International Vacation exhibition i passed by a stand from Hotel San Pedro in Saint Raphael. The lady was very charming, and the pictures of hotel San Pedro were very nice and so we booked 6 days this summer. The room rates were honest especially bearing inmind it was the high season and you are in the "Cote D'Azur! We took half board. Our 12 year old daughter had no half board as she then could choose as she is not a easy eater, especially when we are in another country. To start with the hotel; it is situated in a calm residential area, and there is a lot of greenery. The hotel itself is build in a sort of villa style, and looks very welcoming. Inside it more looks like a castle and at the same time it needs a bit of"refreshing". But it all feels very friendly and warm. I call it a warm atmosphere. Our room (20) had an extra small room for our daughter, and the bad room was very modern and had a jacuzi!! The airco did work fine! No noise. What was missing was a minibar. It was very hot outside, and then you want cool drinks in your room. The restaurant is settled most lovely near the pool. The food was absolutely splendid, tasty, lots of fresh vegetables. Abolutely amazing. The chef is a young passioned cook who every evening made us very much looking forward for dinner. And no frites or ketchup! The service and seating was a bit difficult a few times, but at the end everybody was happy.
Breakffast was perfect. Everything available. If you want you can sit outside on the balcony above the pool. So enjoy!

Room tip: Room 20 as it has a jacuzi, but if you just want to take a shower, you need to climb in the jacuzi;
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Lea A, Directeur général at San Pedro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Dear clients,
Thank you very much for your review.
We are pleased that your stay in San Pedro you liked,
and our restaurant.
For information, we offer mini-fridges for hire and this information is in the brochure located in each room.
Do not hesitate to ask a question to receptionists.
Looking forward to welcoming you again.
Best regard.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

The hacienda style idea behind the San Pedro hotel shows some initial vision: the hotel's main building is cheesy but it works , the swimming pool area is well designed and the pool itself is decent. This is as much positive things I can say about this hotel.

The location is not convenient and it does not help it is in the proximity of Saint Raphael , perhaps the least charming town I have come across in the Cote D'Azure.

The hotel is understaffed and the staff seems jaded.

I booked a more expensive 'terrace room' to then discover that the terrace was just s table and two chairs in the pool deck.

At check in I was asked whether I wanted a room with a good patio but noisy air conditioning or one which was quiet but the patio was not great. I was too tired to deal.

Meanwhile the cleaners were lagging massive black plastic bags across the lobby.

I was also informed that the wifi was broken and it would not be repaired before the end of the week.

The pool staff were rude, lazy and barely there. It took me 30 minutes to get a begrudged overpriced beer.

At check in the staff was on the phone and hardly said goodbye after processing my payment whilst still chatting away on the phone.

All in all make yourself a favour and if your budget allows stay in more charming Sainte-Maxine.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank youngprofessionalUK
Lea A, Directeur général at San Pedro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Dear clients,
Thank you for your review.
We have done our best to satisfy you, while being constrained by availability.
We actually had a breakdown Wi, these are things that happen and can be complicated to solve.
As for answering the phone, it's part of our job, especially lwhen we have emergencies to deal with.
Anyway, we take full account of feedback on the staff that will be forwarded to the departments concerned.
We are also sorry for the inconvenience.
Best regard.