See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Everything about this hotel was as you would expect in Nice at this price. Kept clean, decor dated, most staff were very helpful and polite and greeted you with a smile. My opinion of this hotel will still be overshadowed by, when on arrival after a long journey, the gentleman on reception made life very difficult when trying my best to explain in my best GCSE French that I had a room with some friends for two night. Never in the past has this been a problem, but with this particular gentleman who just sat and raised his eyebrows when I tried to explain, I felt very ignorant. I then tried in Italian (living in Italy, I am fairly confident) and again, the raised eyebrows. English, he pretended not to understand at all. This all took place whilst he was sitting under a large sign stating 'We speak English, Italian, German'. If you avoid this receptionist, it's OK. If you run into him, he makes life very difficult, a real shame.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

We should have realised when we told the laughing taxi driver that we were staying at the Interlarken Hotel that we had made a mistake. When we arrived we understood as to why he was laughing. Situated at the end of an under pass and next to an elevated road opposite the main Nice rail station where the location was not pleasant. The hotel receptionist in a sweaty T-shirt greeted us with a key attached to a block of wood and a TV remote, pointing to the stairs. The ascent up the stairs into a seedy corridor painted black to find our room which although looked pleasant didn't look particularly clean. There was an unpleasant smell emanating from the bed runner and bathroom which took a can of deodorant to defuse. The view from the window looked over the elevated road to the rail station. Thankfully there were shutters to block the view. We stayed just the one night to see the Euro's and quickly departed. You pay for what you get and this is a two star hotel which is struggling to keep hold on one of those stars. Pay the extra €'s and get a better hotel.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank TLaffar
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here recently for 2 nights and found it to be quite basic but on the plus side it was clean and tidy. It is well located as it is within close walking distance to the train station and quite close to the beach. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2015

I chose this hotel as had a day of meetings in Monaco the following day. It is perfectly located next to the Train station in nice and hence my choice. It is also only a short walk to many restaurants and bars. The staff I found were rather odd but probably only typically displaying what we "foreigners" find to be French arrogance which some might find charming. The room was fine but the bed was nothing to write home about and the walls sadly were waffer thin meaning I could hear every word spoken in the room next door.Terrible nights sleep! Breakfast was a joke with croissant and tea on offer also with some pieces of bread cut from a baguette. No jam or butter even. Wifi was mostly acceptable. To conclude this was an unremarkable stay in an unremarkable hotel with a reception that had staff who appeared to not really give a hoot.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2015

Great if you have one night and are leaving by train early - the train station is only about 100 meters away - otherwise this hotel is not for you. We arrived in the afternoon after a 7 hour train ride, waited for what I imagine is the owner (or a very arrogant receptionist) to answer 2 phone calls and make one outgoing before looking at us. Very little interest in answering a couple of basic questions and shoved our key at us. The room was not clean - with ancient dust, hair bobbles and bottle caps popping up here and there. Dirty old towels and bed linen, and it was pretty noisy day and night. Not to mention a list as long as your arm with do's and don'ts in your room - more at home at one of your crumbier hostels. I would strongly advise against this 'hotel'.

Date of stay: October 2015