All reviews basement room superior room old town blue beach belle epoque two double beds no lift breakfast room small hotel sitting room french hotel boiled eggs overlooking the garden train station small balcony street noise first floor
Reviewed 8 April 2018

The location of this hotel is great and it's a mere 5 minute walk to the seafront, yet it's still very quiet. The staff were very helpful and gave nice little touches such as easter eggs at breakfast! We were in a basement room, which still had a window so wasn't too dark. The bathroom was very clean and, even though the room wasn't huge, it was fine for a one night stay. The only challenge with the basement was that we were under the dining room, so it was a little noisy whilst they were preparing breakfast. The breakfast was good and traditionally French - I was so pleased to see compote! We had an offer for breakfast but not sure if it would have been value for money at full price. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
DirectionVilla, Propriétaire at Hotel Villa Rivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Mrs. Katie,

I would like to personally thank you for the wonderful review you took the time to write, following to your recent stay with us at the Villa Rivoli.

Indeed the area is very quite and still in the very center of Nice. It's called " le quartier des musiciens" and very reknowend for the belle epoque buildings ( from 1890 until 1920) so is our Hotel.

It has been my pleasure to share your praise with our entire staff, as it is the best tribute you could have made to them :).

Concerning the noice in the morning when preparing breakfast. We are sorry for that, and we will take more care in the future !
For your information, we only have 4 semi-basement rooms in the hotel the rest are tradition and superiror rooms.

Thank you for your compliments for the breakfast ! ( The buffet breakfast cost 12 € and the French breakfast 6 €).

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon, to your Nicois residence. Please, feel free to contact us for any further request.

With best regards of Nice,
yours
Barbara Kimmig & The Villa Rivoli Family

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Dear Ladies and Gents,

I came to Hotel Villa Rivoli for 3 nights to enjoy my Post-Easter celebrations. The location is perfect, nearby everything and located in a very quiet neighbourhood!

The receptionist was a young lady and she spoke perfect English and was very fluent in French.

The room is very clean and tidy (as shown on the pictures) and is very spacious.

The bathroom had everything I needed and the housekeeping didn't hesitate whenever I asked for an extra something (towels).

The breakfast was a typical French one including the famous baguettes and croissant!

The internet works perfectly fine as I was video editing and exporting with no issue at all!

Finally, the owner, Mme. Kimmig, is a very nice and elegant lady, always there to assist me with my requests whenever I asked for something! :)

If I had another holiday planned for Nice, I wouldn't hesitate to give Villa Rivoli another shot!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
DirectionVilla, Propriétaire at Hotel Villa Rivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Mr. Men I,

What a pleasure to read you!

That is the type of experience we want to offer to our valued guests, and I would like to thank you very much for your stay and for sharing these moments with other travellers.

We directly forwarded your compliments with the entire team. Our chambermaids who are doing a tough job are very proud to read your comments, so our receptionniste :).

It's a pleasure for all of us to share our adresses and latest finds of Nice, for our guests in order make them experience our lovely city in a "non touristique " way.

We would delighted to welcome you again soon,
with sunny spring regards of Nice,
from the nice and elegant owner.... ( merciiiii :))
Barbara Kimmig & the Villa Rivoli family

Reviewed 27 March 2018

My wife and I got a great package deal via British Airways Holidays and we had no idea what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised. Easy to get to by bus from the airport and a fab central location just off the Promenade des Anglais and a short walk to the old town. The hotel itself is quirky and full of character, with extremely helpful and friendly staff. Although the room was on the small side, it was perfect for our needs. There is a lovely breakfast room (12 euros for continental breakfast) which I only visited once as there is a fantastic boulangerie nearby, but when I did, they made me a perfect boiled egg =)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
DirectionVilla, Propriétaire at Hotel Villa Rivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Mr Greg W.,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay of the Villa Rivoli, with our futur guests.
That's all we want : Happy Clients :) and we are more than glad to read that you enjoyed your stay in our " Hotel Particulier". Indeed our guests appreciate the french caracter of the architecture and the character of decoration of our boutique hotel.

We shared your compliments " extremely helpful and friendly staff" with our team and we would like to thank you on behalf of them.

The very central location of the Villa Rivoli offers all possibilities to our clients and concerning our buffet breakfast : soon our guests can enjoy their breakfast in our small garden ( the temperatures are rising every day :)) .
Looking very much forward welcoming you soon again in Nice,
yours
Barbara Kimmig & the Villa Rivoli Family

Reviewed 8 March 2018

This was a very nice and quaint hotel. The rooms were a bit small, but managed to put suitcase in corner and work around it.

We stayed here during June 2016 during Eurocup so the price was really good when book. Not noisy at all under the circumstances.

Bathroom was small too, but expected. We had a room with a small balcony (no seat just view) on 2nd floor. The decor, maids, staff were very friendly and they accommodated to our rental (only 2-3 spots available).

Nice hotel, we'd stay here again if in Nice, but would probably choose a room one size up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
DirectionVilla, Propriétaire at Hotel Villa Rivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Mrs Shawn,

We would like to thank you for your kind message concerning your stay in the Villa Rivoli, during the Eurocup two years ago.

For your information, all our rooms are different , the tradition rooms are in between 13 and 14.5 m2 and our superior rooms are in between 16 and 18 m2. Most of our regular guest always choose « their » preferred room for their next stay.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me personally in order to chosse together with you "your room" :).
Looking very much forward to it,
very best regards of Nice,

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

A beautiful old villa is now a charming small and atmospheric hotel with a small pretty outside area which sadly we couldn't enjoy in the winter! Very well situated just a couple of blocks from the Promenade and near the Negresco hotel and bus stops for airport.
Rooms are smallish but nicely decorated in typical French style as is the whole hotel. Air conditioning/ heating can be a bit temperamental . Tea/ coffee making facility in room and a tiny bar / sitting area in the lounge/ breakfast area where you could sit and read if you fancied .Staff are very friendly and keen to help. We had a special deal on the breakfast at 2 for price of 1.Otherwise I think a bit pricey(12europp) but tasty and plentiful.Freshly boiled egg to your order on arrival, small buffet style table with cereals, breads,fruits,cheeses hams etc. Overall we had a very pleasant stay and would return

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank sagittarius7Middx
DirectionVilla, Propriétaire at Hotel Villa Rivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your compliments and all the detailed information about our Villa Rivoli.

Indeed : our goal is that our guests feel beeing in France in a nice, stylished ambiance and we are more than happy that you have been sensible on the details of decoration in our house.

Merci again and looking very much forward welcoming you again in the Villa Rivoli,
very best and sunny regards of Nice,
Barbara Kimmig & team.