Open today: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
A wonderful afternoon in Nice

I tasted a delicious glass of this local red wine in our hotel in Nice (La Perouse) and immediately... read more

Reviewed 15 September 2018
DrBob518
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Very interesting tour.

Found this little gem on the internet and it was very easy to book on. 2pm tour today and was all... read more

Reviewed 22 August 2018

from US$81.30
from US$145.20
from US$209.10
More Info
All reviews small vineyard wine tasting interesting history tasting room takes place guided tour crypt winery rhein trek euro driver
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We loved our tour at the Chateau! Greats wines and views! We definitely recommend for a calm, relaxing afternoon!

Château d, Responsable réception at Chateau de Bellet, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

We are grateful for your visit and your comment. We would be pleased to receive you again for your next trip in Nice!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

We were the on the last tour of the afternoon (4pm) which proved to be the perfect time to visit. The winery offices are housed in an old family chapel (which has been de-commissioned) on the estate of the Bellet family who sold the venue a few years ago. The tour of both the vineyards and the winery were most informative however the actual activity takes place in August. NOTE: Although a short drive from downtown Nice, know that the road leading to winery is QUITE NARROW AND WITH MANY CURVES. If you are not accustomed to such driving (or have a large car or van) I would make other arrangements.

1  Thank SheriffBTJustice
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Took bus 62 from Nice ("Massenet" outside Hard Rock Cafe). Buy your one way ticket from the bus driver at €1.50 (cash). Journey is 45mins.

Google walking map after dropping off at Chemin Saquier is not accurate. As there is no clear walking signage, "lookout" for the chapel roof as you follow your google map and head toward the direction where your eyes can see.

It was very quiet. Perhaps it's still low season. I pretty much have the entire estate to myself. They allowed me to roam freely around the vineyard.

Wine tasting €20 is only available in the afternoon at 2,3&4pm. I was there at 11am so couldn't add much to that. Despite that, the lady was nice enough to pour me 2 different white vintages. I bought Baron G which exudes an interesting & complex taste. I also bought the more expensive La Chapelle which was not available for tasting due to its limited quantities.

The return trip is pretty much the reverse of how you got there.

The rest is history. Enjoy your trip!

ps. There is no cafe or vending machines to buy coffee or water. Make sure you have your breakfast and bring a bottle of water.

3  Thank MarioChoo
Reviewed 29 October 2017

At 40 euro per person for this tour, I left really disappointed. The tasting of three wines was insufficient. And the tour is very boring and for beginners. I don't recommend visiting. Too many other great wineries in the area.

1  Thank BrittaniMV
Reviewed 15 September 2017

If you are short of time and have no access to car, I wouldn't bother to visit this winetasting place as it takes long time getting there by public transport + walking, than you actually spend there. It took quite a while with the local bus, and then a walk down a road with signs for other vineyards, but not Chateau Bellet, so we found the place with the help of Google maps. It's a very small vineyard but with an interesting history.

On the other hand, if you want to get away from Nice and se a bit of nice countryside just outside Nice, this could be a good 1/2 day trip. Make sure you're not hungry or thirsty, because there's no café to eat or drink.

+ Our guide was plesant and spoke good English

As there were only 4 of us, the "tour" was very quick. I would more call it a little talk about the vines around the grounds. Then a short walk down to the building where the wine processing takes place and the barrels are kept. Then back to the converted chapel and dow to the crypt where we got to taste 3 good wines.

- For 20 EUR I'd expect a glass of water and some bread/biscuits to be able to rinse my pallet.

1  Thank ScaniaSwede