“Sunday Lunch ”
Review of Villa Paradiso

Villa Paradiso
Ranked #16 of 94 Restaurants in Mougins
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We had a great Sunday lunch. The staff were extremely professional and friendly. We ordered pasta and roast lamb. All fantastic! We live fairly close by so we’ll be back soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Delicious Mediterranean food with an Italian influence of course. Absolutely loved the pasta dish I had. But everything seems delicious. Staff are friendly.
Indoor and outdoor seating options. And even has private dining rooms if you want to organise a special event.
Careful - it’s always busy for lunch, even during the week, as famous for business meetings I guess. Best to book.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We had our last dinner in Mougins at Villa Paradiso and it was absolutly perfect. The waitress and the rest of the staff was so nice from the moment we came in the door. The food was very good also, a real italian flavour. I will surley go back the next time we go back to The Riviera.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

My daughter's Italian friend constantly raved about this being one of the best Italian restaurants outside Italy, and persuaded my daughter to go. Our daughter then raved to us, so one lunchtime we went along to try it.
On a hot, sunny day the cool exterior of the restaurant was a very nice change from the heat at home. We had reserved - which I recommend, otherwise you probably won't get a table - and the welcome was friendly and efficient. The shady terrace is really very nice, and no one was smoking, which was a plus.
There were also lots of Italian families there, which is always a good sign.
The menu is good - check it out online, it's pretty much the same as onsite.
There were 4 of us and we started with an aperitif: the Spritz maison, which was very refreshing.
As a starter we shared the Focaccia Paradis'O which was also very good.
For the main courses, this is where it got a bit 'iffy'. Our daughter ordered a Formaggi pizza, which I tried and it was VERY good. It seems to be one of the restaurant's strong points, they make great pizza!
My wife had the Penne alla Parmese, which I also tried ;-) and it too was very good.
I had the lasagne and I must say that it was very disappointing. Both the presentation (a pile of minced beef and bits of pasta in a bowl), and the taste were poor. The quantity was OK, but I'm used to lasagne having a 'structure' and specific 'look', not just a heap of lasagne ingredients piled in a pasta bowl. To be honest, it looked like some leftovers that someone had just scraped out of the dish it was cooked in and dumped in a bowl. It was also pretty tasteless. As I said, very disappointing.
Our son had the XXL hamburger, and this too was..odd. Yes I know - who goes to an Italian restaurant and orders a hamburger? Anyway, I suppose it's meant to be their interpretation of what a hamburger should look like, but it doesn't work. It certainly is XXL - the biggest beef patty I've ever seen on a 'hamburger'. But then instead of a 'bun' it's encased in some kind of thin bread - like that kind of Arabic bread, almost like a thin pizza base, or pitta bread. I didn't try this one - it just didn't look right at all. Certainly my son didn't like it and barely got halfway through it.
So, it seemed a bit like pot luck as to whether we got a good dish or not, but I suspect that the restaurant's true forte is the more 'traditional' Italian food, like pizza and tubular pasta. But why not lasagne too? This would seem to be borne out my my daughter and her Italian friend's comments - they always order either pizza of tubular pasta.
As desserts I had a tiramisu and others shared an ice-cream sundae thing. While the tiramisu was light enough and creamy, it wasn't special. And the same was said about the other dessert - it was "OK".
We had some water and a bottle of red (Campo Reale), which was quite good.
The total price: €165, which is quite expensive, when you think about it (a pizza, a hamburger,...).
So, the service is good. The parking is good. The terrace and atmosphere is good. They're trying to be an 'up-market' Italian restaurant, and in certain ways it's working. But I would recommend sticking to the pizza or tubular pasta dishes, which are very good, but the rest is average at best.

1  Thank BobD1959
Reviewed 27 June 2017

We visited the restaurant on a Saturday night and were lucky to get a table for two. The restaurant was already quite full at 19:30 with several big tables. Despite this business the service was attentive and pleasant. We ordered an excellent "antipasto paradiso" to share for two. We also enjoyed the "ravioli au truffes" and ravioli with coquilles St Jacques. At this time there was also live music by a pianist-singer. We enjoyed his repertoire and prolonged our visit by also ordering dessert and coffee. In short, a most enjoyable evening.