See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I was in hospital i here's suffering from pneumonia and when released my insurance company suggested a week of rest,so we booked into les oranger.the owner could not have been more helpful and we found the lovely shaded garden an ideal place to sitand readin the heat of the day.a large fridge is provide for guests,so we often had a snack lunch at the shaded tables.the room was simple ,but the bed was comfotable and the room was clean and tidy.breakfast was very good and smile of the owner made avery welcome start,as did his excellent home made marmalade which was made from orange trees in the garden. The hotel is well situated as it is only a short walk into the old town of here's with many fine places to eat.finally when we were leaving the owner was so helpful in dealing with Ryan air s booking system that we felt nothing was too much trouble. For the owners to make the guests have a pleasant stay

Date of stay: September 2013
2  Thank domainegirton
eragon8358, Propriétaire at Hotel les Orangers, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2016

We are delighted to know that you had a good time in our hotel and look forward to seeing you next time in our establishment.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

My girlfriend and I had booked three nights through booking.com, unfortunately my card didn't work. So I replied to their email asking how they want to proceed. They told me not to worry and pay on checkout. WE WERE DRIVING FROM VALENCIA IN SPAIN so I wanted to make sure my booking was guaranteed and sent my girlfriends visa. They replied again by saying they have no visa facility! I spoke again and told them I now have a new bank card would they like me to send it now? No was the answer. So we aerie only to be told they had us for one night!!! After a huge row the only thing they could say was do you want it or not? No sorry no nothing. They didn't offer to rectify the problem in any way. It was now around 23:00 and we were very tired. We told the neanderthal owner where to stick his hotel and left. Whilst this was going on my girlfriend used the toilet and said it was unclean, smelly and if the room was the same we would not of stayed anyway! A shame because it looked so good on the Internet!

Date of stay: August 2013
2  Thank DavetheRug
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Upon arrival we where really impressed with how cosy the hotel was, especially with the nice yard. We had one of the terrass rooms, which was okey for the price - except that the weak fa-n didn't really offer any relief from the +25 degree nights...

The breakfast was cheap, consisting of a baguette, some jam, tea or coffee, a croissant, a chocolate croissant and some juice. We would really have liked it if there was some fruits or yoghurts included. When checking out they charged us 7€ per breakfast, something they didn't inform us about upon arriving. Needless to say, them charging extra for such a weak breakfast was not appreciated by me or my company.

The service was fine and the hosts really nice. Wi-fi alright but not sufficient if you where in your room. We also had some problems with the hot water in the shower (but not in the sink next to it).

Overall an okey but not fantastic experience, the garden was kinda the whole deal. But for that price... I think I would return anyway - and skip their breakfast!

Room tip: The terrass rooms are quite nice with the common area just outside your door. But a regular room would be better if you have problems with the heat - then you could leave the door and shutterdoor wide open during the night.
Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The hotel is conveniently located a 5 minute walk from the old city. BUT parking is a problem and you have to have luck to find a spot in the street. It is clean and the hosts are very friendly. However, the rooms are small, old fashioned and characterful but facilities are limited, as you would expect from a two star residence. This means a shower and only a ceiling fan but no air conditioning, which in the Summer was uncomfortable. Breakfast is basic French, but only 7 Euros a head and served in the garden.

Date of stay: July 2013
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Nice and quiet, 10 min walking from the center, situeted in a calm and beautiful street just on the side of the ex Grand hotel. Helpfull and smart owners, good breakfast served in the lovley garden: brad, croissant, coffee, orange juice and home made jam with the garden's trees. We had a little but cleen room at third floor. Ask for a garden view room, and a balcony room to, if possible. The only negative thing: our room was just in front of a service room, and from the early morning the maid started smashing the door and make a lot of noise. Anyway, an adress ti recomend.

Date of stay: August 2012