“PLeasant evening meal”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Reasonable price dinner. OK ambience though lots of children. Expensive wine. Food perfectly acceptable

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Bad food and service. Slow. Rude staff
Do not eat here.
We waited for over an hour for food and when it came I wish we had gone to MacDonald.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Four adults and two teenage children sat down for dinner.
Two adults ate off the set menu of the day (€15) from which the crab terrine and faux filet was selected by both; the former was direct from the supermarket, we suspect, and the latter was poor - quite fatty.
Two adults ate off the set menu priced at €24 and selected the salmon tagliatele which was fine and plentiful.
The children has mussels, which were good, and a dessert.
Overall, the food was below standard.
The service was provided by an inexperienced waitress who did her best; however, there was little/no flexibility in moving away from the set menus. A dessert was swapped at a supplement of €5 (pricey) and the wine was overcharged by €3.
Overall, the service was pretty poor.
Including one bottle of wine, the bill was €143 - or roughly £20 per head - which doesn't sound bad; however, for what we got, we cannot even say that it was good value for money.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

My wife and I were in Frejus for a short visit, staying very close to the marina. On an October evening, in an area that is full of ice cream parlours and 'bars with food' - this looked like it might be good for a great alternative.to get a decent meal. How wrong we were.

We were shown to a table in a drafty 'tent' with a couple of feeble heaters - and then completely ignored for 20 minutes. We should have recognised the anguished looks on the other diners faces and run - but the lack of any alternative made us hang in there.

We ordered from the menu, which looked OK.. and then waited for another 30 minutes before anything - even the drinks - came, .so 50 minutes with nothing but a draft . I asked the waitress 4 times for the wine and water we'd ordered - even resorting to mock prayer and got ignored~!! The starter - soupe de poissons, when it finally came, was nice but only lukewarm.. The main course. a steak and frites was 'horrible' .. it was so cold, that the butter garnishes on top of the meat never actually melted !. But frankly by this time, I was too hangry to send it back..

In summer, this place may be fully staffed, charming, buzzy and great..But on this October evening the sullen, slow service from staff who clearly didn't give 2 hoots for customer satisfaction.. made this dismal, drafty and dark place - a place to never go back.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

So I will cut to the chase - - this restaurant left me ill and the service was horrendous.

I visited the restaurant with my partner and family on 3 August 2016 as we were all craving some authentic seafood at a very authentic looking restaurant right on the coastline of the Mediterranean Sea.

I ordered Whitebait as a starter and Moulles Marinieres with Frites as a main.

Starter:

The Whitebait I ordered was great in terms of quantity (a whole plate stacked high), however, the same cannot be said for the quality. The whitebait looked old/refried and had a strange flavour.

Main:

The Moulles Marinieres also were large in quantity but the quality was definitely way under par with the mussels and each one had a different hue of white and yellow and a lot where the shells had not opened at all (a clear sign that they were off).

My partner also ordered monkfish which was raw in the middle and had an "off" smell which even the waiter agreed with and thankfully took off the bill.

Another oddity was that we all ordered Frites with our meals and we were served crisps. Now I know my French may not be up to conversational level but I understand the difference between "frites" and crisps/chips - the Moulles marinieres were also advertised with Frites so we should not have all been served crisps - small point but another sour note on the experience with rude staff when presented with this.

After effects:

Around half an hour after the meal I started to feel very ill and felt that I would throw up.

This then led to a night on the toilet around 20 times (not the best experience when you are on holiday).

As you can see this was not a good experience and in hindsight I now know not to judge a book by its cover.

This restaurant looks authentic but lacks any kind of quality food and the service was way under par for the destination, especially with the prices they command for the food/service.

We saw another seafood restaurant down the road that may be worth trying instead (unfortunately I do not have the name).