All reviews budget hotel railway station old city convenient location hotel is located train noise arriving by train reception staff are avignon centre highly recommend this hotel an easy walk next morning stay there again reception area wi fi comfortable bed papal palace
Reviewed 29 September 2018

this is one of the worst hotels I have EVER stayed in and as you can see I have broad experience. The management accused our group of stealing from the dining room =which I ASSURE you no one did-=BTW there was a sign on the fruit basket saying you may take one. The area was groddy-the rooms were small and no amenities AT ALL-the kids working there were nice but the overall stay was awful, There was not a good way to bring the luggage up to reception-(many people were elderly) the towels were threadbare-but the bed was comfy and the breakfast was good

Stayed: September 2018
Nicolas C, General Manager at Ibis Avignon Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear guest,

I feel sorry that your experience went like this.
As a guest you do not manage every part of the group organisation and I am very surprised that you can writo this review talking for everybody.
After the first night and first morning, we made a point with the agency about many points : Way of talking to our team as we rarely have (even to me), a thief at the breakfast room and sandwiches and croissants for takeaway.

We kindly asked the agency to make a point with the tourleader to ask the whole group to not have any bag at the breakfast and to tell you the rules about breakfast not for takeaway. A fruit is still authorized.

Nothing from the tourleader had been told to anyone. We had to tell ourselves to every member of the group to leave their bagpack at the reception. I'm sorry this point has frustrated you.

How can you be so sure... You probably know every member of the group perfectly.

Also for luggages, we helped you "in" and "out" even though, nobody paid for this service that every hotel in France charges. I think we stayed professional and helpfull with you.

I really hope we can have a much better experience with us like most of our guest have (range of 8.2/10 on more than 400 reviews)

Best regards

Reviewed 20 September 2018

We booked this hotel due to it's location and the fact that there was parking adjacent to the hotel. In the middle of the first night of our stay we were awakened to water poor into our room from the AC system. We called the front desk and after 15 or 20 minutes they arrived with a wet vac to suck the water from the system, dry the floor, and take the towels we had put on the floor. We decided that we would leave a day earlier than booked and we were told that it was not possible to reimburse us for the third night. We left anyway. The room was extremely small and poorly air conditioned. Don't stay there.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Nicolas C, General Manager at Ibis Avignon Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Ted,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I also received your comment on our internal questionnary. I already replied to you a few days ago.
It is true that the first night you had a water leak froim the air conditioning.
Despite the fact that this kind of incident happens in the life of a hotel, I easily understand your disappointment.
I am delighted that my team was able to act quickly (5 minutes) at 11 PM and that it did not happen in the middle of the night.

We checked with you the day after if everything is going good since the incident. Everything went well.
You then requested a refund for the end of your stay. Once again, I feel very sorry for what you had to deal with but a leak that my team handled quickly is not a reason for any refund for non flexible rates that you booked.

I hope the rest of your trip went well.

Best regards

Nicolas
Manager

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Hotel is convenient for railway station and bus station. The room was adequate but limited for space and I don't consider suitable for anyone having a mobility rollator; Tight for space on bathroom side of the bedroom. I would not class this as 3 star hotel. Slight smell of drains in the bathroom. Acceptable choice of food for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Nicolas C, Manager at Ibis Avignon Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliment regarding our situation and our large breakfast buffet.

Do you know that we have specific rooms for handicaped persons ? Acording to your coment, you probably did not even ask my team. Those rooms are validated by official companies to greet guest with wheelchairs. We absolutly comply with 3 stars rules in europe. I understand that it is not your point of view.

I really hope that you enjoyed the sympathy and professionalism of my teams that you do not mention.

Despite your undisputed opinions, I'll be glad to greet you again.

Nicolas
Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2018

This Hotel is typical of the IBIS brand, the rooms are a little small but are clean and maintained to good standard. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The big plus for this Hotel is that it is situated right next to the central Railway Station, so is ideal for Eurostar travellers & is only a 10 minute walk to the centre of the old city & its attractions. Can recommend this Hotel to travellers on a budget

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2018

This hotel is very well situated if you want to make a walk within the walls of the city. The hotel has a good standard and it is possible to park the car on a pay-parking place just outside the hotel to a favourable tarif. The hotel is close to the railway, but the windows are well isolated to the noise so we had no problem to sleep. The staff was helpful and the breakfast was OK.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple