Grand Hotel Roi Rene Aix-en-Provence Centre - MGallery By Sofitel
US$108
  • Pool
Hotel de France(Aix-en-Provence)
US$152
Hotel Le Concorde(Aix-en-Provence)(Great Value!)
US$125
Campanile Aix En Provence Ouest - Jas De Bouffan(Aix-en-Provence)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$363
US$352
Hotels.com
1,109 results
All reviewsm gallerycours mirabeauhands and kneesla table dubalcony overlooking the poolfour star hotelpool servicelovely hotelshort walkold townmacaroonsbreakfast was excellentenjoyed our staybusy streetspecial thankswell located hotelstandard room
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Grand Hotel Roi René for 10 days , was fantastic 10 days . The moment we arrived to depart was superb.
We had room 301 a view to the swimming pool , spacious room , very clean, big bathroom well equipped also enough wardrobes .... everyday we had complimentary bottles of water and every night we had the speciality of Aix en Provence a sweet called " Calisson ".
Every morning we want out for our breakfast however we did dined twice , food top class , follow by a well done service first dinner we had was Risotto garnished with Squids and myself had a burger in the restaurant and was delicious and second time dinner my wife had the same main course and me the chicken both dinner was as we say in French très très bon , we had that outside in the terrace.
The service from the team was professional, Marion and Karl thank you for looking after us well , another gentleman from Vienna was good too.
We used the swimming pool every day , Karl also was taking care of every one in the swimming pool, offering service making sure everyone was happy and believe me it was very hot ! Gentleman from Vienna was busy running around both of them had a very quality of service , they acknowledged me by saying good morning with a big smile and you can see this two were happy.
Chef merci pour ce délicieux repas . F&B team thank so so much for looking after us again .
Housekeeping thank you for tanking care of our room and our supplements bottles of water .
Reception team thank you for looking after us sorry I didn't get the names but please give our thanks to Steve ( from Harrods )

Voilà, i think this is it and thank you to la Direction for our food platter in our when we arrived and also Mademoiselle E. Mindes for our present .

À bientôt
K. Chetitah

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
ElisabethMendes, Manager at Grand Hotel Roi Rene Aix-en-Provence Centre - MGallery By Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Mr Harrods,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review !

We are so glad to read your warm comments regarding our team, your accommodation, our F&B outlets, and so on.

Grand Hôtel Roi René aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations.

We already shared it with our team : It was a great encouragement for all of them as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive review !

Elisabeth MENDES - Operations Director

Reviewed 28 July 2017

It's a nice hotel a short walk from the center of town (maybe 6-7 minutes). The staff try really really hard but I would not consider this a 4 start hotel, it's just not quite at that level. The wait at reception area could be excessive during certain times.The rooms are tiny. They accidentally gave me the wrong room when I checked in (after waiting a couple of hours) and I realized after I had entered the room and looked at the name on key envelope. I let them know because I was actually hoping the room I booked was little bigger with a better view. They moved me to my actual room and when we walked in there was barely room for the girl who was changing the room and I to be in there, and I literally couldn't open my suitcase! It was also kind of dark with a not pleasant street view. She could tell I was not very happy and went down to see about changing me back to the other room, which they did, thank goodness, and I appreciated. But a 4 star hotel shouldn't even have rooms that small they are marketing as a double. This hotel is NOT in the actual city center on Couer Mirabeau, so space should not be as big of an issue as it is for a hotel in the center. My room wasn't cleaned until about 5 pm, which seems late. The pool is very nice except for when you enter there is a pool of dirty water you either step in or try to hop over, and if you aren't looking you could fall. I saw someone trip. I guess the idea is to clean people's feet before they enter pool but it is most likely making a nice bacteria and fungus soup which people are stepping into then getting into the pool. Gross. The breakfast is WAY overpriced but convenient and there is a large variety of items of acceptable quality for a 3 star hotel, but not a 4 star. I probably wouldn't stay here again for the price I paid. I would stay here again if they charged 3 star hotel rates, because that is truly what you get.

Stayed: July 2017
ElisabethMendes, Manager at Grand Hotel Roi Rene Aix-en-Provence Centre - MGallery By Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Grand Hôtel Roi René Aix en Provence Centre MGallery by Sofitel with all the members of the community of TripAdvisor.

Please know that we take into account all your comments, in a permanent concern to deliver you the best quality of services. Concerning the swimming pool, we are happy that you were satisfied with the surroundings. Furthermore, please note that our swimming pool is cleaned every day by someone who take care about the area.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again,

Sincerely yours,
Elisabeth MENDES - Operations Director

Reviewed 26 July 2017

This is a really well run self-confident hotel. It has a medium size pool some part of which is in the sun all day, is seldom crowded and always immaculately tidy. The top end of the Cours Mirabeau (and the best ice-cream counter) is a pleasant five-minute walk away.
The breakfast was excellent when we visited five years ago, There was a hot food counter then but this had vanished when we stayed in June 2017 and so, unless you seriously tuck into the large array of cold meats and pastries, at 26€ pp it could seem a pricey start to your day.
A nice touch - refreshing cool water with fresh fruit bobbing in it is always freely available in reception.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
ElisabethMendes, Manager at Grand Hotel Roi Rene Aix-en-Provence Centre - MGallery By Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Hôtel Roi René Aix en Provence Centre MGallery by Sofitel.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Elisabeth MENDES - Duty Manager

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We hás a pleasant Stay last week in the Hotel! Very charming room, clean and a large one with a delicious veranda! Perfect breakfast and varied and Nina is the best receptionist! We diner there and we met a waiter that speak a perfect portuguese! We surely will come back!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
ElisabethMendes, Manager at Grand Hotel Roi Rene Aix-en-Provence Centre - MGallery By Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear Zena876,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team, and for sure with Nina. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Elisabeth Mendes
Manager on duty

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Very friendly service. English speaking. Location is great - quiet, but only a 2 minute walk to Aix-en-Provence center. Food was wonderful. Pool was great, both clean and warm. Room was spacious, immaculate and comfortable. Ask for Vikash at the front desk. He was very helpful, courteous, informative, friendly and prompt. Would definitely return if ever in Aix-en-Provence again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Grand Hôtel Roi René Aix en Provence Centre MGallery by Sofitel. It is always a pleasure to have positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Elisabeth MENDES - Duty Manager