“An excellent find”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ralliement
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We happened upon this little restaurant by chance as our hotel was close by. We were drawn by the menu and once inside knew we had made a very good decision.
It’s a family run business, dad front of house, daughter assisting and mum cooking. And she can cook!
All of our meals were presented beautifully, cooked to perfection and tasted sublime. I had lobster in orange butter, pork with chorizo crumb and a chocolate fondant with ice cream. All courses were superb.
The owner recommended the house red, Saint Chinian which was the perfect accompaniment.
My only regret is that we didn’t have longer in Angers, because I would definitely have returned for another meal.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Have just enjoyed the last evening meal of our holidays here and it was a great choice (thank you Trip Advisor reviewers). My partner had lobster and sole, I had tomato Tatar and pork mignon..we shared cheese and a dessert. Two boys shared a main plate and devoured the ice cream. OK, not cheap for a meal for four but delicious wine was also involved...if I ever return to Angers I hope that you and your friends have visited this place enough times to ensure it remains open until then and beyond...

Reviewed 22 August 2017

My wife and I dined there having found the restaurant via ‘The Fork’ which I use frequently when travelling in France as, even if no discount is available, one at least chooses a restaurant so has a definite dining destination rather than wandering aimlessly in a strange town seeking an eatery.

I cannot heap adequate praise on Le Petit Comptoir: we were very warmly welcomed so felt as though our custom was valued and the patron spoke English which helped with menu items unfamiliar to us.

There was an “amuse bouche” on our table (I’d reserved in advance which was as well because every table was sold) to begin and then we had some of the most exquisite food ever, accompanied by an excellent Saumur (a little expensive but delicious).

The menu is not extensive but beautifully varied to offer a wide range of choice although not big on ‘veggie’ food but where is in France? As it is written on a blackboard the menu clearly changes frequently but if you’re only in town for a short period that probably won’t matter too much nor, for that reason, there is little point in me itemising what we had; suffice to say, the food was exceptional, I could not say that we’ve eaten better fare and would make the strongest recommendation that visitors to Angers eat here.

If you are seeking 'cheap eats' this is not for you but if you want simply divine food, then it is.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Everything from place and service to food and wine is to be appreciate. Advices are cleaver, food is delicious, wine very good.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

My family and I loved our visit at this restaurant. As we struggle to speak French we were pleased to still be welcomed and accommodated very well by one of the owners who spoke English and helped us through the menu. The food was absolutely unreal, brilliant French cuisine with real flavour and a beautiful presentation. Very much recommend this restaurant for anyone visiting Angers, warm atmosphere, excellent food and great service.