“Food was good, service excellent. ”
Review of La Ferme

La Ferme
Ranked #72 of 500 Restaurants in Angers
Price range: US$17 - US$34
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We chose this restaurant due to proximity to where we were staying. The service and the staff certainly made our experience a very good one. The burger was actually a piece of steak, not minced and cooked perfectly. The chips were packed full of flavour but perhaps could have been a little crisper. The salad with the dressing was lovely.

The wine which was recommended was excellent. Our waiter looked after us very well. He was attentive and spoke to us in English which was very helpful. I’m afraid we didn’t ask him name but he told us he was from Dijon. The restaurant was very busy; always a good sign.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

The restaurant (next to the cathedral) is proud of its regional cuisine and local wines. The food is french comfort food at its best starting with the "salade paysanne". The ingredients are fresh and well presented. It has a great outdoor area with view of the cathedral across the square. It's well worth the reservation especially in high season.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

The service we received from our waitress, Sophie, was just great (I hope I got her name right) It made our visit really worth it. The food and the wine suggestions were enjoyable. The cuisine is really good and cost was very reasonable.
Public parking nearby,

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Looking for somewhere different on a rainy night, I'm glad I found La Ferme. I was welcomed as a solo diner and enjoyed my choices (although the duck was a tad chewy). I'm please they served local cheeses and a fine fois gras (with a glass of Coteaux Du Layon, naturally) Pleasantly full of tourists and locals too.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Checking out restaurants, we liked the menu here and the emphasis on fresh, local food. We were able to get reservations on Saturday evening, and arrived just after the restaurant opened for dinner. The young woman serving us was helpful and efficient, and we were particularly charmed by the family atmosphere of the people getting the restaurant ready for the dinner crowd. And dinner crowd there was...a mix of ages, dress, size of group. As the room filled up we enjoyed delicious, well-cooked food. La Ferme clearly has a local following.
Would I change anything? Ironically, I'd wished the portions were a bit smaller. My starter, a salad with warm cheese and ham, was really enough food for me, though so tasty I ate it all. My main course was equally delicious.
Highly recommend.