“Lovely local cuisine ”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Visited here as part of a university group in July 2018 and was very impressed. The food was excellent and the staff very attentive. I had rillettes and pate with bread to start, which was very nice and I chose it knowing rillettes was a local speciality. For main I had veal, and then chocolate melting pudding for dessert. Would recommend if you are visiting Le Mans.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 16 October 2017

On a short break to Le Mans, a friend and I opted to have dinner at this restaurant.
As we were early we got in without a reservation.
I had a Caesar salad for starters that was excellent. I ordered for the main dish a duck parmentiere. I found it a bit bland and dry. Perhaps a slightly larger amount of herbs could have been used and a bit more sauce.
We did not order a bottle of wine as my friend had a fish course. Instead we ordered a large glass of white and a large glass of red. The wine was good quality.
The service was friendly and efficient.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

A cut above the usual, home made and very good. Lovely salads, excellent kidneys as well as juicy calves liver. Steak and fish also available. A great midday menu which changes everyday. Very nice, efficient staff, a place full of life and local professionals. They even welcomed my friend Mac the dog.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Crowded restaurant in a bistro-style. Except al la carte one can also choose from two menus amounting to 20-30€. The cook is obviously a good craftsman who knows very well how to enrich a meal with simple ingredients. The bottle of wine Chinon vieille vignes paired well with the food. Staff is friendly and professional. All in all a restaurant with a good value for money.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 20 June 2016

I have eaten here reliably for a lunch on the day of the drivers parade, excellent portions and fair prices. Top service as well.

Highly recommended.