US$291
US$83
US$61
US$118
  • Free Internet
All reviewsgreat locationcar parkst ouenwalking distanceother hotelsthe heart of the citytrain stationrazortoothbrushesnapoleonparkingpetscathedralreceptionisteuroskettle
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night. The room was small and cold and we could not adjust the heat. The staff did not speak English, despite the sign saying otherwise. The office and entire lobby closed down after 8 pm so you better not need anything. The bathroom was frightening.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2017

The good: the location was quite good, many interesting cafes and restaurants nearby that looked attractive. It was also nice to have a kettle in the room as well as a small balcony.
The bad: the plumbing in the bathroom looked very old, shabby and calcified, was unpleasant to touch... The balcony was not quite clean. The receptionist was not very welcoming.

Room Tip: I guess the balconies start from the 3rd floor up
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I don't know how location could be any better!!
Pretty easy walk from train station( we are 44-51) room was comfy, washroom was large, but dated, room came with toothbrush and other stuff in case you needed it, staff was fantastic and breakfast was great!
The only complaint was wifi was weak in room 17.
Would not hesitate to return here!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Great location in the heart of the city of Rouen. It's fair to say that the hotel is in need of some upgrade work. Rooms are compact and the bathroom layout was poor, with a wonky shower fitting. My room had an interesting wall covering that made it look like a padded cell - this may be part of the Bonaparte theme. Was able to store my bike in the underground car park. Didn't eat here as lots of food places nearby. Short walk to everything. Good WiFi and man on reception was pleasant enough. Weighing up the good rate and location versus the quality of the fixtures and fitting, it's just about on the positive side of average.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank iamallovertheplace
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I booked two night here, and failed to check what I had booked until I arrived and walked into my room (read shoebox) The gentleman on reception said that I had booked an economy room (which I was unaware of, but checking the booking I had - although I must admit I thought 'Eco' meant 'Green' or some such thing).I actually laughed out loud when I saw the size of the room with a very tight shower and toilet area! - but at 34 euros a night I wasn't expecting the Ritz! - But...................there was a kettle, cup and coffee/tea making facilities. A razor, comb available in a plastic bag. Tv worked, Wi-Fi worked. and the shower had good hot water when needed. The bed itself was comfortable, nice duvet which kept me pretty cosy in my small room, and soon it became known to myself as cosy rather than the shoebox which I had previously described it as. The room was quiet - needs a little TLC re paintwork, but overall did me. After all - you only spend so much time in a room anyway. The room next to mine which was open, being cleaned looked very nice. The hotel itself is full of Character, and in the main areas is clean and tidy. Would I stay here again - Yes but not in an Economy room!! It is also well located for the St Ouen Abbey, and very close to the Cathedral and St Maclou church (only open Sat/Sun/Mon).

Room Tip: avoid economy rooms. Fourth floor should give good view...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo