All reviews car park small closet on foot parking gps lift hairdryer
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I arrived by train and took a taxi to hotel, 11 Euros. I believe he took advantage because we were driving a long distance and I thought the hotel would be far, far away. That was not the case, however. It is located within walking (15 min) to historic center and city bus just a few meters away next to church, 1.60 Euro fare. Hotel adjoins large mall. Reception fast, easy, and young woman spoke English. My room, overlooking Mall roof, was large, airy, quiet. Large window that opens. Comfortable double bed. CNN international on TV. Hair dryer over the desk, not in bathroom. Shower has no faucet. Operates by sink faucet. Lots of towels. I didn't eat breakfast in restaurant which is open for 3 meals a day. Elevator. Room has small closet, luggage rack, a few hangers. Free WiFi. Carpet in room shabby but clean. Daily maid service. City of Rouen is all closed up on Sundays. Open restaurant hard to find. I would advise NOT arriving on a Sunday.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Easily accessed on foot from public transport and also beside a large shopping centre.
In a very convenient location near a lovely church.
Room was adequate and light.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
PATJO76, Stéphane at Hotel Rouen Saint Sever, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Hello, we appreciate your comments, and we thank you for that. Being in a constant improvement process, the opinions of our customers are welcome. Best regards, Stéphane, the reception

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Of the approximately 200 hotels I have stayed in during 45 years of international travel, this was THE WORST. Very hard to find, even though next to a run down shopping center. In a FILTHY neighborhood with papers and bottles everywhere. IT IS NOT AIR CONDITIONED, and since it was a toasty 32F. we couldn't sleep. I wouldn't let my gardener stay here. The rooms are all tiny with the cheapest linens I ever saw. The view from our 3 floor room are rivalled only by the Lubyanka Prison. The very NICE front desk staff (thank you, William) was the only bright spot. Had we not been prepaid without refund and arriving late, I would have slept in the car.

Room Tip: Do Not Go Here
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles W
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Had read many reviews and was concerned initially but thought one night would be ok regardless. When we arrived 3 adults 1 child the gentleman on the reception was polite at all levels, very helpful and the best bit was it felt sincere. Really helpful regarding the parking and offered everything we could have needed. The hotel and rooms were as written dated and tired, but they were immaculately clean.
We didn't order the breakfast because we felt 9 euro for a continental breakfast was a bit much, if there was a warm dish then we may have considered. The location of the hotel was perfect and within easy walking distance of the attractions. The surroundings of the hotel seemed to be not a good neighbourhood and felt that walking back at the night you could encounter some difficulties with the locals perhaps. But as a rule the hotel served its purpose well, was reasonably priced for its status and we would stay again.

Stayed: April 2017
PATJO76, Front Office Manager at Hotel Rouen Saint Sever, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your return, your opinion is very important for us.
We are happy to see that your stay was good, i will translate your good opinion to our staff.
We hope to see you again for an other stay!
Best Regards,

Alicia B. Manager Front Office

Reviewed 25 November 2016

Easy walk to the center, around 10 minutes. The room was great for our needs. Clean and confortable. There's a shopping mall with a supermarket next door if you need anything. We parked the car around for free.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
PATJO76, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Rouen Saint Sever, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2016

Hello,

We thank you for having taken time to share us your opinion.

We are delighted that our hotel suits you in particular our location.
We are happy that you appreciated your spacious chamber.
I hoped that my answer is as high as your expectations

Best regards