See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 February 2017

In the middle of Rouen, down a back street not in the best area but close to the Christmas Market
Probably why it was difficult to find parking. Hotel decor a little tired and worn, but large room and bathroom even if a little stark
would I stay there again ,probely not

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2016

When I arrived, and discovered the hotel entrance on a dark back street I was given a key (physical key that can be copied by anyone) to a room which smelled of cigaret smoke.
I asked for a different room, which was equally filled with mis-matched tat.
The bedsheets didnt look like they'd been changed.
I checked out immediately, grabbed my suitcase and went walking to find a proper hotel in the dark.

Hostel ok for drunk teenagers. Avoid if youre on holiday with your children.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank giles v
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

The owner was really helpful and nice, however the rooms could be improved(thin uncomfortable mattress) and when someone was closing their room door if felt like ours was being open(therefore noisy as well). For the price, it could have been ok, but I got bit by insects(foot, thighs, neck, arms, stomach, shoulder).. Which bring me to wonder why they changed matresses in our room that same day? Altough we were 4 and only me got bit.
Location is good and we had no trouble finding a parking spot(maybe because of low season)

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here over half term for a short family break. First of all the location is excellent, 2 minutes from the Seine and no more than a 2 minute walk to the cathedral past Galleries Lafayette. Parking on site is no longer offered - there are not enough spaces for all guests and due to the one way system around Rouen it is also tricky to find. The owner allowed us to park anyway (obviously impressed that we found the place!) but there is a lot of parking nearby in municipal car parks for around 12 euros per day.
The hotel is small, an entrance lobby, breakfast room/salon de the and staircase up to the rooms. The rooms are small consisting of a bed, 2 side tables, a rail for clothes and a low shelf for your bits and pieces. The bathrooms are postage stamp size with sink, toilet and shower. They all appear to have double doors onto small concrete balconies. Typical French suburban apartment block of a certain era. However, everything is functional and clean, if a little worn. We laughed at the old serviette-like towels but they were changed every day and the room made up fresh on our return each evening.
Breakfast in the hotel is 7.30 til 9.30 which meant no lazy lie ins! However, it got us out the door by 10. The 9.30 rule seems quite relaxed and we didn't finish til 9.45 and others were still eating. The buffet is bread, croissants, toast, pancakes, cereals, ham, cheeses and fruit plus various condiments. Orange juice, milk, tea and coffee readily available. Enough to last til lunch and pretty good value at about 7 euros.
The owner is very friendly and happy to recommend which teas to try - tea is obviously his thing. He was helpful and accommodating which was a plus.
We wanted a cheap, convenient place to stay and that was exactly what we got. Our rooms were at the front and other than the usual traffic noise they were not noisy as other people have stated in reviews. We live in the countryside at home and were not at all bothered by noise here. It gets noisy from 8am though as the city springs to life - I quite liked it.
Don't expect frills. The hotel is basic, but clean and friendly and allowed us to spend our cash eating and drinking in some of the fabulous restaurants and bars available in Rouen.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank EssexSwimfan
Reviewed 12 October 2016

A friend and I had a one night stay at Arts Et Seine in October 2016. It is well situated with friendly staff and a good breakfast The large room I booked was rather ordinary, but then it is not an expensive hotel. Rated average, but full points to the staff

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends