See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2015

This was absolutely the worst hotel experience of my life. My friend and I (both Americans) drove to Le Havre, got lost, and showed up to our hotel around 11:00pm. The hotel was closed but there was a number on the door to call if you had a reservation. We were let in and given a key to a room which, to our shock, already had a man in it, lying in bed watching TV. He’d been given our room by mistake, leaving his open. The manager was called to give us the different room key. 15 minutes later she arrived, and before we said a word, began screaming at us in French. She told us we were late, and that if we had called her she wouldn’t have let us into the hotel. The whole time, with her voice raised, she threatened to kick us out of the hotel, saying she would send us to a more expensive one and we would have to pay the difference. When my friend who doesn’t speak French whispered to me to clarify what was happening, she mocked us for “whispering like children.” She kept saying this wasn’t her problem, too bad, and at one point yelled “You don’t think I have the right to be angry?!” while we stood there completely in shock.
Eventually she did give us a room key to the empty room, which only had one bed in it instead of the two we had booked. The next morning, I told the receptionist that we had been given a room that wasn’t what we had booked and asked if we were still going to be made to pay full price. Immediately, the front desk phone rang, and it was the manager. She must’ve been watching us on the security cameras. The receptionist got off the phone and said there was nothing they could do because we arrived late. I asked what the manager’s name was, and the receptionist said we could call her Madame Directrice. I asked for his name and he said we didn’t have a right to know. I then asked to pay, and he said our credit card had already been charged.
Overall, the staff was rude and unprofessional. There was no need for the manager to scream at us like that. It was a shocking reception after the shock of already having been given a room key to an occupied room. It was frankly frightening and completely damped our visit. Do not bother staying at this hotel; they’ve demonstrated they don’t care about your business.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank A D
Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for one night ahead of an early ferry. Room has all the fixtures - tv, tea, coffee, safe etc and all in reasonable condition but the room is very small. The bed is against the wall so there is no bedside table and you have to slide across. The shower room is only about 60cm wide despite being nicely fitted . Was able to park in street outside. Breakfast reasonable.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2014

There was no lift and no help with baggage. The room was cramped and the shower room more so - with absolutely no hot water! The tea provided consisted of one English tea bag - why? The carpet needed a good clean - especially behind the door where the dust was thick.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night while passing through. Room was quite small but fine for what we needed. The Staff were friendly and spoke English well. It was clean. The bed was very comfortable. Had a great nights sleep. Can't fault breakfast. Good selection. It was lovely. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Slept at Le Havre for 1 night, it's a nice cosy city. The hotel was good for a 1 night stay.Comfy beds with a suitable room size.However in our room, there was an awful smell coming out of the bathroom, so the door was closed all night long.

Date of stay: March 2014