See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2016

The hotel is in front of refineries on the beach, there is no landscaping, the waterfall is full of dirty water, the bedroom we stayed in although large was extremely dark... the bed was like a rock, my husband and I woke up thanks next day with serious back aches. The sheets are horrible.

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank Milena W
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Great typical normand house to stay, lovely garden with direct access to the beach. Great family host, good food and very comfortable rooms.
Good brunch on Sunday to enjoy sea view facing Le Havre.
On the road to Trouville or also reachable by the beach.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2015

I really liked the look of this hotel on the website so I decided to treat us and book it. I told them ahead it was our 20th wedding anniversary and we were really looking forward to it. The sat nav sent us the wrong way (be warned) when we arrived I saw the view from the hotel was over the industrial part of honfleur which was a shock. Our room (number 2) was small with a little patio. The towels were tired and worn. For the price we were paying I expected soft thick white fluffy towels !
The staff were lovely and we were asked if we want to book the pool for the following morning which we did.
The restaurant was good. the chef came out and said hello and he was happy to provide me with something vegetarian. Champagne was 50 euros a bottle. service was a bit slow but the food was good.
We left our door open during the night (patio ) my husband woke up to something purring in the middle of the night and it wasn't me !!! it was a cat. In the morning it was back under the dressing table. That didn't bother us. We went in for breakfast which was about £13 per person. It was help yourself to everything (which wasn't much) tea and coffee in flask type things and then a cold breakfast which seemed unimpressive and overpriced. So much so we decided to leave. we cancelled our dip in the pool and left. I would recommend staying in town and just popping here for a nice meal. !!

Room tip: small rooms downstairs perhaps upstairs may be better
Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank Paula D
Reviewed 20 July 2015

Le Chaumiere was the highlight of our recent trip to Europe. A delightful single story inn set amidst rolling grounds overlooking the mouth of the Seine. There are lawn chairs and hammocks that allow you to watch the boats on the Seine. Steps lead down to a beach that's great for walking. Kayaks and bikes are available for use by guests.

We dinned on the outdoor patio. The food was superb, one of the best we had during our trip to Normandy, Brittany, Paris and Brugge. A young local pianist (who had spent 6 months playing at The Venetian in Las Vegas!) played music, and came to each table to ask if there were any specific tunes we wanted to hear.

Our room was comfortable and clean, and had a private patio. The bed was very comfortable.

Staff were friendly and very helpful. I appreciated the email I received a week prior to our arrival welcoming us and advising us that if we wished to dine in the restaurant we should make a reservation, which I did by responding to the email.

Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank Drogio
Reviewed 13 May 2015

Stayed in La Chaumiere for 2 nights with my wife who felt liking crying upon entering the bedroom. Now listen, we are able to rough and ready it but when you pay approx €800 for two nights in a place you expect the standard to be here and for the promise to be kept. It you told me that this was a three star, I would be happy but positionning it as 4 star seems very incorrect, even if the rooms are of four star size, with flat screens)
Granted the building itself is charming (although some of the recent decoration is totally out of sync with an old hatched roof cottage) and the location close to the beach great but frankly this is not to the standard of a four-star hotel at all. Superior room with sea view was a big disappointment eg stains on the pillows, ikea type furniture (nothing to do with a cottage style of the building itself), small windows with limited view of sea, no cover on the base of the bed (in fact it was not a double but two singles put together the type you fall down the gap in the middle on), damaged paint on walls and doors and a standard shower as opposed to the Italian style promised. This room is over-priced compared to not only other 4 stars in the area (offering true four star standard) but to other rooms in the same establishment. Breakfast was a joke little if any choice of juices, no choice of hot food, no yougurts, no cereal, limited fruit (the odd rotten apples. Buckets and mopps in the hallways and corridors and wait for it Cat's roaming around the restuarant day and night. IIn fact we were woken up to a cat stratching at our bedroom door at 4am. We loves cats but come on, really?

On a positive note the staff are exceptionally nice, and the service was pleasant although we were surprised to see that the chambermaid also doubled as server in the restaurant: hard work. The indoor swimming pool looking out at the sea was a little chilly but a nice feature of this hotel.

Heard the dinner restaurant is good but we did not venture there as we need a break from the cats

Conclusion: Nice location, lovely staff, working hard to be profitable in a 9 room facility where the only choice means to be to cut corners in terms of quality and charge the highest possible price for the rooms in order to be profitable

Room tip: Dont opt for the superior room with sea view as
Date of stay: May 2015