All reviews no elevator no frills limited english caen memorial restaurant area croissants excellent location would definitely stay here again convenient location continental breakfast rooms are small hotel is located bread euros france parking centre
Reviewed 23 September 2016

no air conditioning so it was unusually noisy with the window open. very small room. no elevator. the shower curtain was not long enough so water went all over the bathroom floor. maybe I am too used to American hotels. good location. great service from the lady at the front desk, she was very helpful.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JJHanson
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed one night whilst visiting Normandy beaches. Nothing fancy, but welcomed by the Maître d'hotel with smiles. She couldn't have been more helpful, even finding a place to store the 4 bicycles at the back of the hotel. Breakfast was €9pp. We paid for 2 but she insisted on providing hot chocolate to our children for free.
Room was very clean; shower good, hot and powerful.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2016

My husband and I spent 6 nights here in late May/early June and enjoyed our stay very much. The madame is very helpful and pleasant - she had discounts for the excellent Caen Memorial Museum which she shared with us. Breakfast is offered at 10 Euros, but there is no breakfast room and would be served in your room. Since we had met friends from Germany here, we wanted to have breakfast together so didn't order the breakfast. We did order a pot of coffee each morning which was delivered and cost a total of 2 Euros per morning. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The location is excellent, right in the center of town so an easy walk from the train station and up to the ancient castle where William the Conqueror stayed in 1060. There is a very good creperie at the end of the block where we ate 3 times. Friday night was very noisy until very late, but once we closed the windows, it was pretty quiet. Caen is a nice smallish city and a good location from which to explore Normandy. There is no on site parking so that was a bit of a problem for our friends who had a car but there is public parking under the castle and free parking on the street after either 5 or 6pm.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2016

I enjoyed my one night stay here. My hostess was such a warm person who made my stay the best ! The location is perfect just up from the canal district and not quite in city centre. I did hoof it up from the train station with a full sized bag with not much effort. I did not have the breakfast as my guide was taking me early but it smelled wonderful.For the nice new bathroom and shower with the small room , it was an excellent value. The free internet worked fine.

Room tip: stay off the road side as it is very busy and noisy during the day, but the windows when shut stop all noise!
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2016

Due to last weeks appalling weather we were arriving later than planned at the Hotel Astrid. It was Bank Holiday Monday, yet still, a quick phone call once we docked was all it took for the Hotel to arrange for desk cover for an extra half an hour.
The service was polite and professional and the room was as one would hope.
No real frills but a perfectly adequate twin room for my son and myself.
Parking was in the street directly opposite the hotel and as we left before 9.30 am the following day, was free.
Continental breakfast was fine and reasonable.
Many thanks for making our brief stay hassle-free.

Date of stay: March 2016