All reviews outdoor pool ring road walk into town normandy beaches sofa bed ample free parking d day beaches the air conditioning hotel is located british cemetery comfortable hotel good size coffee machine buffet breakfast booked this hotel convenient location european hotels
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Great location with easy access to all the D-day beaches and museums. Very clean and nice sized rooms and very polite and helpful staff. Also great breakfast and restaurant for dinner. We were too late in the season to use the pool but the complex looked very nice

Stayed: October 2018
Reviewed 23 October 2018

I recently enjoyed a very pleasant three-night stay here. I had been worried about traffic noise, as the hotel stands near a busy road junction. But the building is set well back from the road in its own grounds. I can honestly say that noise was never a problem. In fact, this was one of the quietest hotel rooms I have stayed in recently.

Without exception, the staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. My room was clean and bright. It was not particularly large, but was more than adequate. The wi-fi was good, and I particularly liked having an individual control for the heating / air conditioning.

The breakfast was excellent. There was a huge selection of cooked dishes, fruit, juices, bread and other baked goods – and of course tea and coffee. I didn't take dinner in the hotel as this was priced above my budget, but I had no problem finding places to eat in the town.

The hotel is about 15 minutes walk to the centre of Bayeux and about the same distance again to the railway station. I believe there is a bus service to the station but I didn't need to use it.

To sum up, I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and I would definitely stay there again if I ever go back to Bayeux.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank MikeL5587
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed here for 3 nights (18-21 October) as a base for a two day tour of the Normandy beaches and Bocage battlefields with mates (8 of us in total). It’s the second time we’ve used the hotel for this trip so we obviously weren’t put off the first time.

The hotel is situated on a large roundabout on the outskirts of town which makes it ideal for a base to travel in the surrounding area. It’s only a 10-15 minute easy walk into the city centre for a good selection of restaurants and bars, plus the cathedral and Tapestry museum. It’s a similar distance walk from the Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery and D-Day Museum.

The hotel itself is reasonably modern and very clean with good sized comfortable rooms with nice showers and very comfortable beds. The reception and bar areas are nice although we only used the restaurant for breakfast which was very good with an excellent choice of hot and cold food and drink. The staff were all very good, welcoming and helpful.

Only a few minor negatives to mention. The bar prices were excessive - yes I know all hotel bars are rip-offs but €7.50 for a small beer was going too far especially for a thirsty bunch of blokes! The rooms are starting to look a little tired in places and could do with a freshen up and the free Wi-fi was woefully slow and inconsistent.

We really enjoyed our stay though and we’ll no doubt be back in a few years the next time we visit the Normandy battlefields.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank RichH0311
Reviewed 18 October 2018

We stayed for one night in room 235 at Novotel Bayeux with a tour group. We liked our room because it was clean and had many electrical outlets and horizontal spaces for packing and unpacking suitcases.

The wi-fi worked well. We had dinner in the hotel and it was quite delicious with a salmon main course and apple tiramisu for dessert. The buffet breakfast in a separate section was excellent because there were four separate tables for different parts of the buffet. The only queue was for the coffee machine. The staff all were friendly and helpful. We had an excellent stay, and we recommend Novotek Bayeux highly.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
jcb14400, Responsable réception at Novotel Bayeux, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Staydthere,

Thank you for this very positive feedback after your stay in our hotel.
You have appreciated our establishment, its services and our staff and you share your feelings very sincerely, what a pleasure for us all!
I hope we will have the pleasure to see you again during a future stay in Bayeux,
Best regards,
Aurélie

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Nice clean hotel with good breakfast on the Main Street to walk into town It’s 15 minutes to center city and about 20-30 to the tapestry museum in Bayeux. It was the first town liberate by the British after dday

Stayed: October 2018

Hello Monorad and thank you for your positive comment on our establishment!
This is a good summary of what we are: a simple and clean hotel, unpretentious and close to the city center and the landing beaches.
We hope that you will keep a good memory and that we will have the pleasure to see you again,
Best regards,