All reviews an hour set menu first class food quality is his wife chef mares stop dinner holiday bedroom mike des starters countryside rating ambience
Reviewed 20 April 2018

We spent 2 nights at la Ferme des Mares this week and it was a memorable experience. The suite we had was first-class, roomy, very comfortable and beautifully decorated. Dinner in the restaurant on both evenings was a true testament to the creative, gastronomic skills of Mike (chef and owner) and to the friendly but professional approach of his wife Sonia who served our meals. We would love to return and cannot recommend this idyllic hotel highly enough.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoyed staying in the countryside. The grounds and its surroundings is perfect.

The internal décor of our room was standard for a family room...enough space to fit a family of 4 people. The room was spacious and clean with a his and hers wash-basins. The only problem was the weird-shaped bath tub. The bed was very comfortable, the room warm for winter. So I enjoyed staying there and would give 3.5 out 5 for every related to the room.

Now, the best part about this hotel is the excellent chef and its status as a Michelin Star Hotel which means that the food quality is fantastically amazing! My starter was my favorite: the best I've had in my entire life. The rest of the food was equally delicious. I will obviously give a 5/5 rating.

In terms of service, I'm not sure why we waited nearly 50 min for our amuse-bouche to come (starters came about 10 or 15 min later, which meant that we had been waiting for about an hour in total) because we were quite hungry but perhaps it is a French thing. But it was worth the wait. So I will give it a 3/5.

Overall, I think they deserve a 4.5 out of 5 with a greater weight on the outstanding quality of food.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We stayed here as a stop-over on our way home - the last night of our holiday and what a place to find. Excellent walking area and stunning scenery. The room was excellent.
We booked a table in the restaurant and the food and service was 11/10. Huge wine list however the waiter was great and helped with this! We both had the set menu of fish (this was a Sunday eve and you have what the chef wants to cook!) great idea - we went with it and enjoyed a very memorable meal. What more could you want -good food, good wine - excellent ambiance too -will definitely make a visit here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and have a view of the court yard
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2017

We went for an evening meal as we were staying in the area. We found the hotel difficult to find and had to stop and seek directions? Surroundings were delightful but although the meal was good it was not in our view exceptional and my husband in particular felt the food was under seasoned for our taste. We felt that the attention given to the paying guests at the hotel was better than we received as restaurant customers?

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Stayed for one night with family and we had our evening meal here, its a set menu but as two of us are vegetarian the chef cooked something else for us, and it was delicious! Had a lovely buffet continental breakfast too. Rooms are beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Some rooms have wooden floors so can be a bit noisy in the rooms below,worth requesting a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family