1,164 results
All reviews beautiful hotel historical building internal courtyard main restaurant converted hospital original features l hermitage old church steam room star hotel atrium bar modern art turn down service glass roof the ground floor minute walk rooms are nice
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We are staying here for four nights so I booked a superior room - pretty small and a strange configuration where the toilet is in the small vestibule that leads into the bedroom and not in or adjacent the bathroom. Nice enough bathroom - shower in bath.

Reasonable queen sized bed but bouncy when your partner turns over. Just enough room on either side to squeeze through to the bathroom. Good strong shower.

There was a strong blocked drain smell for several hours last night which seems to have passed this morning. I hope it doesn’t return.

The bar area is dated and the furniture is showing big signs of wear. The bar prices are expensive and the choice of background music is twee - Frank Sinatra singing “I’m getting married in the morning”.
It’s trying to be glamorous but not hitting the mark.

The free wifi is incredibly slow.

The brasserie menu is small and service is a tad slow but the food is good. Haven’t tried the restaurant but reviews of that are very good.

We have parked on the road out the hotel - valet parking is 30 euros a night. Parking is free from 7.00 until 9.00am on the road.

It’s about a 15 minute walk into the hospice centre. There’s not much around the hotel so if you want to find a cafe - be prepared to walk.

Haven’t tried the spa or swimming pool so can’t comment on those.

The staff are pleasant and professional.

Overall, I would say this is a nice enough hotel in what could be an extraordinary setting with the designers appearing to have not made the most of its heritage potential.

Don’t expect anything special from a Superior room - it’s what I would consider standard and small at that.

I was hoping for more character but it’s missed the mark or maybe we’ve been given a lesser room because we booked through a third party comparison site.

I’m a little disappointed really.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Jérémie J, Front Office Manager at L'Hermitage Gantois, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear luxuryqueenMelbourne

We would like to thank you very much for having chosen L’Hermitage Gantois Autograph Collection on your last stay in Lille.
By answering to our survey, you have shared your experience with us and I am extremely grateful for this.

I'm glad to see that you appreciate our staff service, but I am sorry to learn that we have not been able to reach your expectations on that occasion.
For a next stay if you don't like the room do not hesitate to contact the reception and we will be happy to help you to find a room that can fit you, as all our rooms are different. Or if you want a bigger you can book a privilege room which is about 30m² instead of 20m² for a superior room.

Rest assured that all the necessary actions will be taken in order to welcome you in a proper way on your next stay with us.
Moreover, I remain at your entire disposal for any assistance

Once again, I apologize for the inconveniences encountered and I hope that I will have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Warm regards,

Jeremie

Reviewed 14 August 2018

This is a truly beautiful building and the rooms are large and wonderfully decorated. The staff are very attentive and it is everything you might expect. The spa is nice, but nothing special to be honest. I have stayed in hotels with better spa facilities.

The location is good about 15 minutes walk into the old town.

The down side of this hotel was its bar prices. The atrium is a beautiful location to sit and enjoy a drink but i was charged 42 Euros for two gin and tonics (chose a cheap gin as well). This is far too expensive in my view. it wasn't a particularly good one either and I had a far better one at 6 Euro in a local restaurant.

The feeling of being ripped off kind of spoilt the experience if I am honest. The setting is beautiful (but you have paid for that in the hotel room charge) so I don't see how they justify such a high charge for drinks, especially when they aren't actually that special.

I have sent a letter of complaint to Marriott and we will see what they come back with.

It is a beautiful hotel but I would eat and drink elsewhere unless you have very deep pockets.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Former hospice turned five star hotel. As part of a deal to keep the history of the hospice alive, tourists are allowed to visit the courtyard and old chapel free of charge. The courtyard is now a terrace where you can sit and order drinks. The old chapel is still intact and truly majestic.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I loved so much about this place: a unique collection of historic buildings, with lovely rooms and friendly service. The hotel's more informal restaurant was really enjoyable. A very eclectic place, excellent value for money when we stayed, and highly recommended.

Agree with a couple of the other comments here: the breakfast falls short of the quality of everything else in the hotel. The price of a beer in the lounge is ridiculous. And it is a bit of a walk into the centre. But it's such a nice place that it still rates a five out of five for me.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the L’Hermitage for two nights at the start and end of our tour. The hotel is different as it is in a restored hospice with many of the historic elements still in place. The decor is a blend between modern materials and more traditional tiles and features. The rooms are spacious and quiet, which offers a good night’s rest. The main city centre and train stations are a short walk from the hotel. The staff were friendly and efficient in their service. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would happily return.
Thanks for your vote.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Jérémie J, Front Office Manager at L'Hermitage Gantois, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear TWal1

Your feedback is a great value for us and I am glad to learn that our level of service has reached your expectations.

Once again, thank you very much for your positive feedback and we hope we will soon have the pleasure to welcome you back at our hotel.

Warm regards,