See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Today I had very most unpleasant experience in Faidherbe Hotel in Lille France. The hotel is on really perfect location of the city, so it’s a bit shame that the service is one of the worst!!
I was invited as a guest to stay and got my “ticket” in the wallet. When I arrived I was “welcomed” by a female receptionist who couldn’t speak any English. She told me than that I must pay full stay immediately, which was confusing since I had nothing to do with payment because was already paid online. I told that my boyfriend, who invited me there, is coming 4 in the morning that day and that she will have to talk to him. Than she gave me the key and said that everything is fine.
19h that evening another receptionist, who also could not speak English, knocked on the door of my room and ask me to come down to the reception because room was not paid. I told the same thing as I did the firs time and he told me that he will try to get the money from the card he have in system. That was unsuccessful and when he got back he told me “ no pay no sleep, pack bag go out!”
I went down tried to talk to him, than he called the boss who surprisingly could speak, but couldn’t understand. I tried to pay with my card but he told me no no no not the same name of the reservation.
I called my boyfriend, explained what is going on, but as he was in London he couldn’t magically appear to solve the problem. Turned out that the card he put for payment was blocked because the bank reported that someone in Indonesia was using his card. He put another one straight away, sent me confirmation number and the password over email, I wanted to show to the guy, but the receptionist told that he is not willing to check, he can’t speak English, all he hears from me is blah blah blah and that he is happy that I will sleep under the bridge. Than I asked to call the police. They came fast and after talking told me that the receptionist doesn’t want me to stay in the hotel. My payment was valid but he didn’t want to approve. My boyfriend made a reservation at another hotel, I picked my luggage and left.
Now I’m in really wonderful hotel room who straight away accepted normal way of world function.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

It's well located and clean and tidy , with friendly staff. The wifi was a let down and even the staff couldn't figure out, how to get connected. Lots of cafes nearby and there's paid parking nearby. The room was clean but the bed, I found, was too hard. The room decor is minimal....or in other words...a cell would he more cosy!
It's a good place for a nights stopover but no more than that for me.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

This hotel charges 9 times the price for genuine football fans. A normal night is £42 but on football days they charge £452. An absolute disgrace. Please do not use this hotel they should be closed down.

It's a shame as in Paris they treated us exactly the same, and charges is the normal amount.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Frontlinefrenchy
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Excellent location,right beside both maln train stations,short walk to most places,hotel was clean and the staff were very nice and friendly,it quite basic but has everything you will need for a comfortable stay in lille

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2015

After a very long coach journey we were tired and cranky and lost in the centre of Lille with sense of foreboding, which all disappeared the moment we found the hotel and got in the room, clean white and perfect for our needs, hot running water in a huge deep bath, we weren't mithered ONCE in the whole stay, I offered to pay and was told nooo when u check out is fine,,i asked what time we had to be out check out day expecting to be told 8am NOOOOO 12 noon,,,we asked if we cud leave our bags check out day cos our coach wasn't til the night expectant to be told 20 euros for a few hours, NOOOOOO u can leave your bags here for as long as u want mr Berry, NO CHARGE, best of all the wifi which we needed to find things to do was as advertised free, easy to connect to and pentyfull,,,2 nights for 62 euros 90 euros after taxes which we didn't expect but didn't mind as we had a lovely stay and was still exceptionally inexpensive,,,got home yesterday 22/8/2015,,,enjoyed Lille, wouldn't go again but if we did we wud stay at the Faidherbe, ps only 1 of the 3 desk guys spoke fluent English, not a negative just giving the info

Room Tip: room 31 has a good view of the fountain and train station
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple