“Wonderful pizza”

Papa Raffaele
Ranked #115 of 1,748 Restaurants in Lille
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Reviewed 1 August 2018

This place is a gem. The pizza is made in an authentic Napolese wood warmed oven and the ingredients seem very high quality. We had the marinara and diavola and both were exceptionally delicious. 2 glasses of wine, 2 pizzas, 2 espressos and pannacotta for dessert for only 42 euros. Superb.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

I've not had pizza in italy before, but I can't imagine it being much better than here. The crusts are light and fluffy with a nice flavour from a slight char. The ingedients are obviously fresh and I think this is the first time I've eaten a whole pizza without feeling full of stodge by the end.
The staff are very friendly and the kitchen is open - we had the pleasure of sitting in front of the chefs and watching the food be made.
They recommend drinks to go with the pizza and my beer went very well.
The price was good, but remember to pay at the till or you might he waiting a while!
Its gets very busy and we found that getting there 15 mins before opening at lunch is ideal to get your choice of seat.
I was very impressed to watch the chefs deal with a request of a pizza without the base. They really went the extra mile to try and perfect the pizza directly onto the plate - also very amusing!

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

This restaurant had excellent Italian food, they serve you a lot andthe prices are very affordable. We founded two days before we were leaving an I'm super glad we did because we ended up going there for lunch and dinner ;) they have a good variety. I recommend 100%

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

After trying in vain to get a table here on a Saturday, we tried again the next evening. We had seats near the kitchen and had a great view of the pizza making action. Food was great! Wine choices were very good. Service was very accommodating and friendly. Highly recommend Papa Rafael!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Definately the only place to eat authentic italian pizza in Lille. After staying in Italy for 1 year i can say this without any doubt. My cravings for Italian pizza was satisfied here. Be there before 7 pm else you need to wait long.