All reviews croissants quirky hotel minute walk discounted parking fresh orange juice q park slowest lift great breakfast leicester tigers perfect stay public car park the owner bread the hotel manager chocolate shop hotel lobby side street
Reviewed 10 October 2018

A really first class hotel both by way of value for money, idyllic architecture, beautiful rooms and the most attentive, helpful staff imaginable. An absolute gem with an excellent location in the very centre of Castres.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2018

A great location and welcoming staff. Have stayed in this hotel 3 times and the amazing thing is that each room is a totally different experience. For the honey mooners, ask for the room that has a tub in the room without any curtains or bathroom!

Orange juice, coffee and croissants for breakfast are lovely and do not miss the bar for a few drinks...

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2018

We stayed here for three nights over a weekend for a rugby match. The owner was very helpful and informative, as were all his staff. The rooms were large and comfortable with good beds and bathrooms. The only downside was parking, at a nearby underground car park, although the hotel did subsidize this. We had two excellent recommendations for restaurants. If you are going to Castres, I can thoroughly recommend this hotel. We had a great time.

Room Tip: Room 105 for couples.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Firstly the hotel is in a great location and has great staff. The room and bed were comfortable although it would have been nice to get two water glasses in our room and towels for two people each day. The room was also not shown in any of the 36 photos of the hotel and was smaller than any of them.
The bathroom was up 3 irregular steps which made it very hazardous when needing to use it in the dark! We were also woken two of the three mornings we were there by the hotel fire alarm which apparently was being triggered by steam in somebody’s shower.
Most morning we went out for coffee and croissants but we tried the breakfast on the last morning and found it poor value particularly the cooked food with powdered eggs. The Wi-Fi in rooms worked very poorly requiring us to go to reception / bar area to pick-up a decent signal where it worked fine
The nearby Car park was advertised by the hotel at a special rate of 3 euros a night providing I gave them my car park ticket before departure. However when checking out after our 3 days stay I was told that I needed to get a ticket every day and the best they could do was to sell me a weekend pass for 20 euros leaving me to pay an additional 17.50 Euros in the car park. The 3 days car parking I expected to cost 9 Euros ended up costing me 37.50 euros.

Room Tip: Bathroom was up 3 irregular steps which made it very hazardous when needing to visit in the dark
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2018

My wife and I stayed here with friends for three nights as we were in Castres to watch Leicester Tigers. This is a very friendly and welcoming hotel with the owner doing his best to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. We stayed in the Stockholm room with a very comfortable bed - the only slight downside being a lack of hanging space. We enjoyed our breakfast with fresh orange juice and croissants and the discounted parking in the Q Park car parks was very welcome. Overall an excellent hotel and good value.
We found Castres to be extremely quiet but Le Quai Irish pub is well worth visiting and stays open late. Not many restaurants open on Sundays but the owner will recommend some good places. A visit to Carcassonne and the cathedral in Albi are recommended.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple