“Stunning apartment overlooking Place aux Hebes...”
other travellers have booked this property
Lounge and bedrooms view
The arches underneath the apartment Detail of one of the bedrooms..
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lounge and bedrooms view
The arches underneath the apartment
Detail of one of the bedrooms..
One of the bathrooms
One of the bedrooms
Dining room
Our front door with its entrance hall
Apartment entrance hall
Winter view from the lounge
A well-equipped kitchen
Lounge
Library and computer corner
Linens and towels provided
Autumn view from the lounge
Winter view from the lounge
Aerial view of Uzes
Pont du Gard (at 10 minutes)
Place aux Herbes at night
Vineyards
Uzes rooftops
Aerial view of Uzes
The teddybear shop
a pretty shop window in Uzes
Sevillanas - part of the summer entertainment in Place aux Herbes
Le Pont du Gard
View of the square through the herbs in the window box...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
Any
223jill
Melbourne, Australia
“Stunning apartment overlooking Place aux Hebes with every creature comfort plus more. An amazing place to stay”
Reviewed 17 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

From first meeting Petra who gave generously of her time in settling us in, we just loved this apartment and the town of Uzes. The apartment is beautifully equiped with every possible requirement, the beds are extremely comfortable and we wanted for nothing! We,being two couples, loved returning to our "home" after sightseeing and exploring each day and we loved seeing and hearing the happy sounds of people enjoying meals on the piazza below us. The markets were incredible and we were right there to see them unfold. Couldn't,t recommend this apartment more highly- a fabulous stay.

Your age range 65+
18 Jun 2017
Thanks Bill, Jill, Kit and Lorraine - you were fabulous guests. And thank you for leaving the apartment so impeccably clean! See you again next year? :)
Michael G
Camden, Australia
“Fabulous apartment in the heart of the town”
Reviewed 27 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

The most perfect apartment in the very heart of the wonderful town of Uzes. The host, Petra, is nearby and always available for any needs. She is very passionate about the town and this shows in the presentation of the apartment.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
27 May 2016
Thanks Michael and Sharyn, for the nice write-up! Hope to see you back next year!
David A
New Plymouth
“Beautiful,spacious apartment in perfect location”
Reviewed 11 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Photos often lie but this apartment is special and exceeded our expectations. Our shuttered windows on both sides opened to stunning views of medieval architecture and the vibrant market place - it was hard to believe we had found such a perfect spot in such a perfectly preserved ancient town. Petra Carter, who owns the apartment is a food and wine writer and was an unexpected extra find. She was happy to help in anyway and shared her wealth of knowledge about the region. She runs cookery classes which if you love food is a must do. Plenty of room for 2 couples, great fully functioning kitchen and large dining table overlooks the marketplace. Comfortable sofas and beds, beautiful decor, good showers, separate laundry and well stocked library shelves. Easy to walk everywhere, plenty of shopping and restaurants and free parking at the bottom of the town for a car to explore the region. Just perfect to relax and explore.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
11 Jul 2015
I'm so thrilled you liked it - many thanks for your glowing report!
Petra
Sue S
“Delicious 2nd floor apartment on Uzes famous market square”
Reviewed 16 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Sitting by the open window of this gorgeous pad right on the Place aux Herbes you can imagine you're an extra in Jean de Florette (filmed here), enjoy a birds eye view of the market and soak up the strains of gentle jazz from below. Beautifully done up with every comfort & attention - hunker down for a week, explore Languedoc, take in a cooking class chez Petra Carter (the owner) and go home full of the flavours, sounds and smells of the Midi

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
17 Jun 2015
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay Sue. Come back any time!
Amy d
Adelaide, Australia
“If you're a foodie look no further!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

I detest feeling like a tourist when I go on holiday. When I go on holiday, I want to immerse myself in the culture and live like a local, but with all the creature comforts of home, and then some! If this is your idea of a getaway, this spacious, stylish apartment overlooking the main, old square, Place aux Herbes, in the heart of pretty Uzès in Southern France is just the place for you.
The owner, Petra, is a hilarious woman of Irish decent who has lived in France for almost two decades. I warmed to her instantly. As she walked me upstairs to what would be my maison for the next week I found out that she was a chef by trade and was soon to be opening a French cooking school (Le Pistou), just a five minute walk away from the apartment. I knew it was going to be a great week!
The apartment is outstanding - beautifully furnished, two double bedrooms AND two bathrooms!!, a kitchen bigger and better than my own which faces an open plan dining and lounge area. The open living space has two large windows facing the old square which allows the natural light pour into the space.
One of my favourite past times during my week in Petra's apartment was to open the large windows in the main living space, sit back with a glass of rose and people watch in the square below. As I was sipping my wine each day, gazing out into the square I would catch pleasant wiffs of fresh herbs Petra had sitting just outside the window. I stayed in April and the gorgeous plane trees in the square that were just at eye level from the apartment were just starting to develop bright green buds. I can only imagine how beautiful it must look in the warmer months with all the dappled light flooding the square below!
Another highlight of my week was the fresh produce markets that take place in the square every Saturday and Wednesday - luckily I was there for both days in the week! Nothing like trotting out the front door with your little woven basket into a flurry of market time hustle and bustle. Wonderful fresh produce to choose from and I can't recommend the cheese van highly enough!! One market morning I returned to the apartment to start cooking up a lunch storm in the enormous, new kitchen. By the time I'd finished cooking for lunch I realised I'd eaten the entire, luscious piece of chèvre I bought from the cheese monger. I was left with my baguette and no cheese so I simply went back downstairs and out to the cheese monger again. In my very, very limited French I told him how wonderful it was, that I'd eaten it all and I wanted more for the evening - I got a laugh, another remarkable chèvre and another different one, gratis! I felt like a local!!
Petra was available at any time during the week to give endless amounts of recommendations of the surrounding area and more. I was even lucky enough to have a private tour of her new cooking school which was nearly finished and ready for classes.
I never wanted my week to end. I'm going back with my partner and another couple later in the year and I've already booked us into Petra's cooling school!!

Travelling group: Friends
17 Jun 2015
Thanks for saying nice things about my apartment Amy. Looking forward to welcoming you back anytime!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing