All reviews opposite train station seen better days room was clean longer stay the wi fi enjoyed my stay ideal location stayed one night visiting carcassonne french foyer convenience shutters
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Although hallways could do with a little updating my room overlooking the river was spotlessly clean! It’s in a ideal location opposite the train station and airport transfer bus stop, so ideal for overnight stop off.
Reception Staff were very helpful especially the lady who booked me in. She drew me directions to the castle and gave me an umbrella and was very polite!
The bed was really comfy and clean with a kettle (teabags and sugar only) tv (only in French) plenty of wardrobe space and chairs and a really big bathroom with a bath, double sink and shower with free toiletries! I had 3 balconies overlooking the canal and enjoyed my stay very much and would definitely return

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank sharonreid66
Reviewed 28 January 2018

The hotel does need some updating as it is very tired but our room was very spacious, clean, comfortable and very warm (the heating definitely works!). Could have done with some tea and coffee making faclities but the reception staff made us a cup of tea when we asked about it. Wifi was great, both of us had no problems whatsoever. In a quiet location, close to the town centre with lots of bars and shops and the train station is just over the road/canal.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Asked for a canal view but the canal was just a burn. Seemingly that part of the canal had been drained, dredged and tidied up as it was the end of season.
The airport bus drops you off across the road at the rail station.
Wifi in room ok.
Bed very firm but comfortable.
Shower very good
Over all hotel needs updating
Reception staff excellent.
No kettle in single rooms ! I got a kettle next day after requesting one.

Room tip: If in a single/double room for 1 person you have to request a kettle beforehand
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2017

It's an old hotel that needs updating. The staff were great. The bed was good and the heating worked. Nice view of the Canal. Housekeeping needs attention, smelly WC in our room. However we got a terrific rate and it served its purpose. Quite a few restaurants nearby.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017

The hotel has a musty smell. The rooms are large, but in need of updating. The staff is friendly. the breakfast is very basic. Log into Wi-Fi complicated if more than one user on in a room. Great location near the train station.

Date of stay: October 2017