“Great cooking class!”

Ranked #26 of 158 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Bénédicte is a wonderful hostess and instructor . We shopped with her at the local markets and then prepared a delicious lunch. My granddaughter also enjoyed the experience. Cooking classes are a great travel experience!

1  Thank Lindastx
All reviews
"cooking class"
in 9 reviews
"chocolate souffle"
"great teacher"
"gorgeous apartment"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this class"
"wonderful afternoon"
"instructor"
"france"
"highlights"

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Bénédicte is truly a fabulous instructor! A cooking class with her is a must while in Paris! During our time, Bénédicte made us feel right at home, explaining the baking process with such ease and in a way that any person can follow along. We had a group of 6, and there was absolutely no shortage of tasks for each of us to complete! I wish I was able to stick around and experience every other cooking class Bénédicte offers!
This class was an experience of a lifetime, and worth every penny! The class is personalized and intimate.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

This is one of the fondest memories I have of my recent solo trip to France. I did a red beef menu cooking class, joined by three other Americans. We all got along great, and Bénédicte was no exception! She showed us her local market for vegetables and bread, and we went back to her gorgeous apartment and got cooking! She's so seamless in the kitchen, and made the entire experience flow so well. We had a lot to do, and yet nothing felt rushed or overwhelming. And sitting down to enjoy the meal together with some wine and fantastic cheese was wonderful! We had a lively conversation, lots of laughs, and of course the food was delicious. I'm so excited to recreate this meal for friends in the States. Thank you, Bénédicte, for what you do- I hope to be back to learn more!

Reviewed 29 March 2017

My family and I had an amazing afternoon with Bénédicte! We made macaroons and chocolate souffle. She was so kind and such a great teacher! My kids said it was one of the highlights of our vacation! We would definitely do it again and we highly recommend the experience!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 March 2017

We were in Paris for 2 weeks -- our kids with back-to-back spring breaks - so I booked the lunchtime experience twice -- once each week. Benedicte was a delight to work with before, during and after. Before -- we went back and forth several times to plan the menu choices and other details (such as directions). She always responded promptly and with an obvious enthusiasm for her work. During -- we arrived at her lovely apartment and were greeted with orange juice, coffee or tea and homemade treats (like donuts). After a brief chat, we headed out to the markets. As we moved from fromagerie to boulangerie to boucherie Benedicte explained what we were shopping for, what to look for in terms of quality etc. Back at the apartment we got down to the nitty-gritty of cooking -- each of us taking various tasks and learning the different techniques. When the cooking was done -- she served champagne while she set the table and did the dishes! Then we lingered over our 3 course meal savoring our creations. After - Benedicte was very helpful in advising on where to purchase special pans before we left Paris, and in sending the recipes. In fact, one week later my vegetable terrine is chilling in the refrigerator as I write this. This is a wonderful multi-generational activity -- even my father-in-law participated - and I highly recommend it. Save time afterwards to stroll through the nearby Parc Monceau to work off your calories.

Bénédicte M, Gérant at The Parisian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Thank you so much ! It was really lovely meeting you. And I'm so happy to read that you're trying the recipe home ! Best. Bénédicte