“This is why I love Paris! ”

La Chaumiere en l'Ile
Ranked #6,460 of 19,409 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Ile de la Cité / Ile Saint-Louis
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Yum yum yum!! I had the blue cheese and goats cheese pasta - oh wow. Big portion and so yummy. My husband had a traditional French potato dish and we both followed with ice cream sundaes! Wait staff were friendly and cheeky. Heating meant we were protected from the dreadful Paris wind. I think we’ll go back tomorrow! :)

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 1 May 2018

As compared to other reviews, I have to disagree that the service here wasn't good. I found the staff to be quite attentive and interacted with us quite a bit. Though since I also speak French, I may have had a different experience.

But let's talk food. My husband and I came here to enjoy traditional French options. He had the boeuf Bourguignon and I had the tartiflette. The boeuf Bourguignon was served not as a stew but in three separate portions: mashed carrots, mashed potatoes and beef. The sauce was quite good, but a bit thin. The beef was perfectly cooked and very tender. As for the tartiflette, oh this is a game changer! It's loaded with potatoes, bacon, cream, butter and gobs of reblochon cheese. So maybe I wasn't expecting to order the richest lunch a man can buy in France, but I certainly didn't regret my choice! If weever go back to Île Saint-Louis, you can be sure we'll go back to La Chaumière for a meal.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

First the location of the restaurant is magnificent, facing a bridge with people playing music.

The food was delicious - we tried the French onion soup and the cheese pasta.
The service however was a bit slow and waiters were a bit rude and rushed (but the restaurant was crowded when we came in).

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We’ve been in Paris for a month and this is the first time we’ve experienced a rude waiter. Today, after the lunch rush, around 2:30 pm, we stopped by here to relax and refresh. The terrace was filled with an assortment of people having only drinks, coffee, ice cream as well as full late lunches. We ordered a large beer and a glass of wine, and then said we wanted to share a club sandwich and frites. The waiter said, “no, you cannot share, you must order 2”. We have split orders all over Paris and never heard this. We just don’t eat much at lunch if we’re going out for a big dinner. I went ahead and ordered a salad with goat cheese. My salad was okay, just a pile of lettuce with average quality goat cheese on small toast rounds. My husband’s club sandwich was a pitiful version of the classic : a thin slice of ham, slice of cheese and lettuce with between 3 slices of thin bread that were barely palely toasted. No mayo, sauce or condiment of any kind. The wine, beer and food was not cheap given the quality. I realize the location commands high rent, but it doesn’t take a lot to make a decent sandwich. And since we had ordered drinks, which were more than the pp who came in and orderied just 2 coffees had done, I don’t know why a 2 plate minimum was imposed. It was pretty much all tourists, but still, no excuse for being rude and making up your own rules on the fly, and not having a decent product.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Moules et frites is a French tradition and it was done extremely well here. The serving portion is very large. The mussels themselves were fairly average in size, but fresh and the white wine reduction very good. Great fries to accompany it.