All reviews hotel cat spiral staircase small lift great location room was clean double room rue de rivoli hotel room within walking distance hotel is located would stay here again eiffel tower metro station toilet duplex elevator luggage
Reviewed 1 May 2018

A typical hotel in Paris with an excellent location, two steps from Opera. The room was ok, though – as usual in Paris – do not expect much even if you pay quite high price. The rooms are small, not recently refurbished, dark and a bit depressive... with the smallest toilette ever in my room (not more than 60x60cm) so that you cannot almost close the door when inside... The room was clean, the bed comfortable. I was on the quiet side – but imagine that those looking onto the street might have some noise... The staff was friendly and efficient – I printed my boarding pass without a problem as there is a PC for clients in the corner... And yes, the tiniest elevator ever – wide not more than 50cm, if you can believe it... But, in the end - everything ok for a short stay as you will probably spend all time walking to see as much as possible of Paris!

Room Tip: Ask for quiet side (interior, not to the street)
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Dimitrije56
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located in the middle of Paris, so everything can be done on foot : the Opera is next door, Place Vendôme is a few meters away and the Galleries Lafayettes are at walking distance. Chatelet is a 15 minutes walk.

The rooms are cozy and quaint. We booked a double room and got a duplex with a spiral staircase. Coffee machine, fridge, tv... Everything one could wish for were in there. The only problem is the size of the elevator, which can accommodate only one person with luggage at a time.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, even proposed us to book a special and very cheap cab for the airport since there were strikes.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I booked a room in the “Hotel Choiseul Opera” for my family(Parents and children) travel in Paris from 6th April to 9th April through booking.com.But they refused to accommodate us at midnight upon our arrival in Paris ,because we have two young children with us! I felt so desperate and helpless with two young children at a strange city at that moment!And we argued for that for an hour then,but their stuff said we are Asian,they can’t deal with it for me!And he said Chinese and Japanese always has the same problem,it’s not his first time to face it!
They definitely know we have children with us when they confirmed my reservation ,they even asked me about the children age via email before that and I also replied them in time that”they are four years old “.But they never told me that they have a strict limitation of guests number ever before,and there was not any description of the limitation rule in their room condition on booking website!How can they just refused us upon my arrival!
What’s more they refused to refund me as the room has been prepaid .I am still disputing with them!
I guess they are setting a trap for tourists.Now that it is not their first time to face the situation,why don’t they present the rule clearly and let the consumers know it?Are they waiting for the problem again and again?Because they can benefit from it!Just reminding every one of being cheated by them!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank laul380
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Been to Choisel Opera in between our stays in various hotels in Paris. Must say that I was highly impressed with the hotel in all aspects. It exceeded our expectations and if it had the required amenities, i would easily classify it as a four star plus. I think its underrated at 3 star. The location is simply the best at a few minutes walk from vendomme, the opera house, gallaries la Fayette and the best cafeterias in town. The cleanliness in the hotel is impeccable. Sheets crunchy, carpets spotless. Bathrooms very inviting. The doorman is incredibly helpful and Amirtha at the front desk is very professional and accommodating. Very good value for money. I highly recommend this hotel to those who are not after luxury but after a hotel which exceeds three star rating in a perfect location.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank monica c
Reviewed 27 November 2017

I stayed in this hotel in October 2017. The location of the hotel is absolutely amazing. Opera Building is a few steps ahead, Metro and Galleries La Fayette as well. The stuff of the hotel is very helpful. The rooms are small but who cares? You are in Paris. You should enjoy the city. I will stay in this hotel again for the next time.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family