“Japanese Perfection + Parisian Pastry”
Review of Mori Yoshida

Mori Yoshida
Ranked #19 of 319 Bakeries in Paris
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed 24 April 2017

Discovered this pristine and delicious Japanese bakery through the Cereal Paris city guide - thank heavens! I ended up visiting the bakery twice during a week long stay, once as soon as I arrived and once just before departing to stock up on treats to take home. Between my boyfriend and I we have probably tried at least half of the amazing offerings; Brioche, chocolate croissants, chocolate cake, strawberry shortcake, creme brulee, dark chocolate bars, shortbread cookies...and the standout “beige” cake. Oh yeah, and we took home about 6 boxes of macaroons as well. I don’t know if the clerk at the counter was thrilled or dismayed as we cleaned up.

Everything was delicious and visually stunning. The precision of the artistic pastries at Mori Yoshida is unlike anything I’ve seen. And at very decent prices. The same would absolutely cost more in the States. These tasty and beautiful creations were enjoyed throughout our trip and helped us savor the city after returning home. This was our favorite spot for pastries in Paris.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

The place is so pristine you hardly know it's a bakery until you walk close enough to peek inside. Beautiful pastries, and they taste as good as they look.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

After we finished lunch at L’inconnu, I looked at my map and checked to see how far a walk was Mori Yoshida. To my delight, it was less than fifteen minutes walk. The place smelled amazing and everything looked great. Having just finished lunch and since we still had a long day ahead of us, I only picked one item to try.
We had:
Baba des Bois
It was a mix berry baba. The top was baba soaked in a berry syrup, the middle had the chantilly cream with some berries and the bottom had berry cream.

You can see the pictures at:
travel4foodnart

1  Thank lovetobeinparis
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

The store looks so good that I imagined everything to taste amazing. Unfortunetally, that was not the case. Macarons were chewy and lacked the beaytiful fluffy texture that makes them divine. They felt stale to me..
The Canelle was nice but the chocolates were unsatisfying and had a bit of a weird after taste to them that I could not point exactly.
Nothing I tasted was of higher value than the tourist trap 'chocolatiers' that are spreaded around the city's tourism sites.

1  Thank Carmelmq
Reviewed 1 March 2016

When in the 7th District, Mori Yoshida is a must-stop! Beautiful minimalist displays of delicious pastries. I tried the apple filled leaf croissant, and enjoyed every bite of it. Reasonably priced as well.