Alex the Tour Guide Tours
Review Highlights
Custom Tour

Alex gave us a private tour of the Montmartre and Sacre' Coeur are of Paris. He's a delete and... read more

Reviewed 23 July 2019
gary t
Amazing day at Versailles with Alex!

We had a wonderful day at Versailles today with Alex. He was everything we had expected from... read more

Reviewed 9 August 2017
HeatherSanDiego_CA
San Diego, CA
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2015

We recently visited Paris and hired Alex for two days as a guide for my husband, 11 year old son and me. We had spent many days doing in-depth tours in London and Normandy so I wanted to a different, fresh, energetic and entertaining guide to mix it up a little for my son. Alex was the perfect choice. Not only did he keep my son entertained but focused his attention on him, making sure he was engaged in the discussions. He gave highlights and chose excellent tidbits that would appeal to a boy. The garden tour at Versailles with the musical fountains was excellent, and I paid extra for the four of us to use a golf card which was a good call. If I were to go again, I would spend one day with Alex for the gardens at Versailles then go back another day for the palace using skip the line tickets from somewhere. We also used Alex for the Louvre. He knew a back entrance through which we entered with no wait. He chose about eight-ten important things for our son to see and then we left - maybe one 1/2 hour total which was plenty for an 11 year old. He also took us to Notre Dame, the Tuileries Gardens and Place de la Concorde, Montmartre and Sacre Coeur. Along the way he showed us other things about which we would not have known. He got us to Palais Garnier just in time for a tour I booked on our own. All our travel was on foot or by metro. This is a great way to see Paris since it really doesn't lend itself to viewing from a car. Alex also helped via email in guiding me about the best way to see Sainte Chapelle which was an evening concert, a highlight of our trip. He was responsive via email, helpful and I think priced fairly. I would use him again.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank MargieHeggie
Reviewed 18 July 2015

Alex the tour guide is the best tour guide I have ever had. I’m 52 years old and have traveled in North and Central America, Europe and Africa.

I contacted Alex on a recommendation of a friend. We (family of 6) were taking the Chunnel into and out of Paris (late June, 2015) in one day and wanted to see as much as possible. With a little input from me, Alex drew up an aggressive schedule with enthusiasm. (I think now, wondering if our family could handle it.)

Alex is extremely knowledgeable on a number of subjects, particularly Parisian history (which is impressive, given he is a native New Zealander). He is very friendly, humorous and enthusiastic. He also kept the kids (ages 10 through 17) engaged with pointed questions. I could go on and on with how impressed we were, but can sum it up with my first sentence above. “The Best Ever”

If I ever plan a trip to Paris again (or Barcelona which I believe he is in from time to time), the first thing I will do is book Alex, then plan the rest of my trip. If I miss Alex, I will feel like I’ve shortchanged my trip.

Date of experience: June 2015
2  Thank dean493
Reviewed 23 May 2015

My husband and I booked 2 tours with Alex and it was an excellent choice. Alex is both personable and knowledgeable. He also provided some helpful tips for us for our other days in Paris.

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed 24 December 2014

Alex brought the Palace of Versailles alive with tales of Louis XVI, Marie Antoinette and the French Revolution. Very professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I could not recommend one of his tours more, wouldn't exchange those memories for anything.

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank eur0tripper2014
Reviewed 7 September 2014

We had a great afternoon with Alex! Would happily spend another day with him any time. We checked out the street art in some Paris neighborhoods a bit off the tourist track and really enjoyed both the urban hike and the art. Alex was funny and friendly. He knew lots about the artists and the neighborhoods. Alex was great with our teens as well. We had time to stop for food and wine, and to check out some studios that were open. What a great day!

Date of experience: August 2014