“Pastrami in Paris ”

Ranked #19 of 312 Bakeries in Paris
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

My ladywife was queuing for falafel while I came here.
Tasty, filling pastrami on interesting bread, with pickles and salad.
Not as much meat as Mile End in NYC, but for only €8.10 what ya gonna do?
Very quiet when I went, friendly staff.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Yes, it takes some patience standing in line but it‘s worth it. Everything in this „Yiddish traiteur“ will make your mouth water. And it‘s fun to work out the intricate workings of this slightly disorganized joint. When you walk out with your delicious sweet and the duly stamped receipt, you will be nothing but smiles.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

tiny but great polish bakery in paris
it gets suuuuuper crowded at times but once you get through you must try the standard sandwich ( it includes bunch of yummy things on the fresh fantastic onion roll ) you will not be disappointed
then try latkes ( potato pancakes)
and finish up with cheesecake
soooo good!

1  Thank zu01
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I tried the Orange Cheescake and while it was very good, the orange flavor was barely there. Service friendly as it was quiet. I identified what I wanted & then the lady gave me a ticket with the price on it. I then went to cashier. In the meantime she wrapped it up nicely & then I collected it from the countertop before I left. It was not really clear if it was my purchase or not as it was not handed to me & the first lady who served me was not there anymore. In hindsight maybe I should have waited for my purchase before proceeding to the cashier!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I'm reading the other reviews and wondering if we were in the same place. Okay: I can deal with crowded, but crowded, rude, and having to pay 'where's waldo' once we finally paid for our order? That's where I get off the train. We tried to ask one of the employees where our order was, but no one wanted to bother with us. Finally, in disgust, I just grabbed two bags that were sitting on the counter and left. (I could get friendlier service at Durgin Park in Boston.)

My husband's sacher torte was dry and my bagel was dry and uninspiring.