“Best baguettes, fabulous tarts”
Review of Le Grenier a Pain

Le Grenier a Pain
Ranked #1 of 311 Bakeries in Paris
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Reviewed 21 April 2016

I went on a walking tour and learned that Le Grenier a Pain had won the best baguette contest in 2015. The lines stretched out when I got there that evening, but the staff worked through it very efficiently and it wasn't as long of a wait as I expected. The baguette was great and the pastries all looked fabulous. I tried a chocolate tart and it was amazing. Bottom line is that I loved everything I tried from there. Also, the staff was very patient with those who aren't comfortable speaking French.

Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

For our first lunch in Paris, this came highly recommended, and when we arrived and saw the queue outside, we were even more excited to try it out. The smell of freshly baked bread is delicious. I tried my best to speak French to the very helpful member of staff who filled in the gaps. We had two ham and cheese baguettes and two chocolate eclairs and were offered free diet cokes, which was kind as we didn't read the majority of the French signage explaining the deals. All came to about €12!! The baguettes were fantastic, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Will 100% visit again

1  Thank Hannah B
Reviewed 14 January 2016

The reviews are spot on. This is THE place to sample the best baguette in Paris as well as one of the best croissants you'll ever have. The place has received numerous accolades for their baguettes and has taken 1st place in several contests throughout the city. I make a point to stop here every time I visit Paris. It is very close to Sacre Coeur. Grab a baguette or croissant, walk down the street and grab a relaxing spot on the lawn in front of Sacre Couer and relax. A great spot that everyone should check out when in town. Go early though as they sell out quickly.

1  Thank Cds_69
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Wonderful croissants and baguettes (award winning in fact). Skip the Eiffel Tower, stock up on a bag of bread, head to the cheese store a couple of doors down and have yourself a perfect afternoon in Paris in the park of your choice.

1  Thank InFromSing
Reviewed 10 January 2016

The croissants were buttery, fragrant & just the right degree of flakiness. The other caramel bread was also awesome. Too bad I was in a rush and simply grabbed a few. Would loved to go back and slowly bread-shop again before making my selection. Prices were very reasonable too