All reviews raspail metro station boulevard raspail montparnasse tower man ray quiet road change rooms minute walk fourth floor rer b lots of restaurants convenient location rilke cellar lift
Reviewed 17 June 2017

Good location,good bright room if a little small, good shower in small en-suite.. Breakfast adequate but quite slovenly clearing of tables and crockery just satisfactory, not sparklingly clean:,one waitress needed to pay attention to her BO,somewhat off-putting given the lack of ventilation in the basement room!
All staff pleasant and helpful..

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I'm tempted to say this hotel would be ideal for a wealthy, deaf dwarf as it is very expensive, the room is subject to traffic noise from the adjacent Boulevard Raspail and is tiny, But it's only the same as a lot of other establihments in Paris. The TV only shows the dire French channels from TNT and some of them have very poor reception. Breakfast is the usual collation of industrilal ham and bread served (by yourself) in a cramped cellar. On the plus side the metro is very near and there are lots of restaurants within walking distance.
I dont understand how Paris can be considered a canditate for hosting the olympics when the accomodation, of which this hotel is typical, is so far off international benchmarks.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jonathan F
Reviewed 11 May 2017

The Istria is my hotel of choice in Paris. In this quiet corner of Montparnasse, I feel like a traveler, not a tourist. It's a paradise for lovers of literature, music, and art of the 1920s and 30s. The final scene of Godard's Breathless was filmed on rue Campagne Première. Eric Satie, Louis Aragon, Elsa Triolet were just some of the residents. The Istria is newly renovated. The shower in my room was the best I've seen in Paris. Now that I've written this review, I want to take the next plane to Paris! I should explain my rating of the Literie (Bedding). I hate duvets. I sleep cold, and they are just too warm. The staff was helpful in finding a blanket for me & I slept well.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
gauthier c, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Istria, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thank you for such a nice comment Miss, we appreciate !
We are so grateful and proud to have made you feel like a romantic traveler in Paris.
We look forward to welcoming you soon again,
Best regards,
Charlotte

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Nice place, very good location in Montparnasse, close to the underground and Gare Montparnasse to be connected to everywhere.- Rooms are to small, just for one person, but clean full of toilestries, coffe and tea.-
People at the reception helpfull

Room Tip: I ask the reception and the answer was that my room (4) was the bigest one!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Everything was fine globally but still me came make a few remarks.
- The rooms are very small. Not even enough space to open your luggage.
- The bathroom is clean but a little bit falling apart. The ceiling was broken and the lights falling.
- Careful with the breakfast. Not enough croissants and pains au chocolat for everyone.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple