All reviewsbig roomtrain stationwi filocation is excellentboutique hotelelevatorcafesmontparnasedeskstreetblvd
Reviewed 27 July 2017

This hotel unfortunately does not live up to the reviews on tripadvisor. The building is very run down and although the reception area is nice it does not really add anything to your stay. The staff were helpful enough and the location is good but the main thing that made it an average stay for me was the room.

The room was very small and it was difficult to open the door fully while we had our cases in the room. There was an overwhelming smell of bleach in the room during our whole stay and the bathroom was very run down and tired. The room was quite well decorated but it was style over substance and we did not feel that it was up to the usual standard that we have come to enjoy in Paris.

There was also a lot of noise in the hotel. There was a constant buzzing sound that went off every 40 seconds or so throughout the night. We also experienced a lot of noise on the street that we could hear from our room and we were woken up at 3am by a fight in the street, I know that the hotel can't control this but it is good to know that the area could possibly be like this. We stayed on a Wednesday night and we did not expect it to be so loud.

Overall we were disappointed with the stay and would not stay again. We have visited Paris many times and stayed in far better hotels for the same price.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

We are staying here for 4 nights. The Location is excellent. Right off the Montparnase Blvd. 1/2 block from Vavin Metro station. Lots of cafes around, 2 doors from Le Endrecote Restaurant. Two other metro lines 1 block away.
Our room was $80. Cheap for anyplace I'd choose to stay. We are lucky the room is clean,bed is a comfortable double. Shower is strong. Now don't get me wrong. The rooms is tiny, the elevator hold two people, but only if they are hugging.
We have no view. But there is a fridge, a window,Wi Fi, a tv, and an a/c. The man at the desk speaks only a little English.
So we get out and walk, and walk and walk and enjoy this beautiful city and just sleep and shower in the room.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2017

This hotel begins with friendly staff. It is small and has a typical Paris elevator where you and one other person can fit. The sub station is Rue Vavin. There are several good restaurants nearby including a small Italian restaurant where I had the best carbonara of my life. There is a happening Cuban restaurant and bar next door. The top floor was quiet and was a very big room with a king size bed and large bathroom. The train station was easy to navigate from here.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Audrey S
Reviewed 2 March 2017

The room and the lobby are beautifully decorated with black and white ballerina wall prints and purple accents. My room has a view of Tour Montparnasse. The room and the bathroom are very small and tight. With my small luggage, I barely fit in the elevator. One of the front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. I wasn’t impressed with the younger, night shift front desk staff.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Tsion A
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

This was my first time in France so in terms of what to expect with room size or customer service I wasn't sure but I'll start off with the positives of my stay.

First of all, it is in a great location! Close to two underground train stations as well as a couple of buses. In the area there are lots of places to eat and drink, it was very vibrant, and more people than expected knew English.

The hotel itself was beautiful--modern looking, bright, and inviting. The room we stayed in was small (which I'll get to in a bit) but beautifully decorated.

As for customer service, only one guy at reception spoke English so that was helpful to us but overall both receptionists were friendly and helpful. The receptionist that only spoke French was extremely helpful in calling a car service for us (that was unfortunately full) and then a taxi to go to the airport.

The Wi-Fi connection in comparison to other places we've stayed this Euro trip was surprisingly good and by far the best. We could even access it from across the street and nearby restaurants.

Now, for the negatives -- When I said the room was small I mean it was a SHOEBOX! I'm generally OK with a small room providing the layout makes sense and I'm not bumping into things but this was beyond small. You couldn't even open the bathroom door without it hitting the bed so you literally had to either close the door halfway to pass in between the bed and the washroom or you would have to hop over the corner of the bed. This size room for two people would've been okay but we had two suitcases and two carry-ons that made it almost impossible to move around. We managed to rearrange some furniture to fit one suitcase on the floor so we weren't bumping into it and the other suitcase had to go on the desk.

The hallway once you come out of the elevator is also small I cringe at having to call it a hallway. The size of our double bed was bigger than the hallway and I'm not even kidding. There was just an elevator and four doors, that's it! So there's definitely no room for a whole family and their luggage to stand outside of their door. I'm not sure if every floor of the hotel is like this, but the fourth floor definitely was.

The washroom (which was also small but modern looking and nicely decorated) was a bit of an issue too. You basically had to shower exposed because there was only half a marble wall to cover the area where typically a curtain or a sliding door goes to ensure water doesn't escape from the shower. Since there is only half a wall, it made a big mess every time we showered so we would have to use all our towels to clean it up after. There was also a musky smell in the washroom which probably had to do with the fact that there is no ventilation in there and then I guess the wet floors and wet towels didn't help either.

Another negative that was quite bothersome to us was their cancellation policy. Before coming to Paris we were in Italy and decided to extend our stay in Italy and cancel two nights at this hotel in Paris. Anyways, long story short, even though we called days in advance, they refused to not charge us an almost $200 cancellation fee for the two nights we cancelled. In the end, the refund we would've gotten from the two nights we cancelled was basically the price of the cancellation fee so we didn't have to pay any money out of pocket but, you know, we still lost money which is never a good thing in my books.

Another thing we didn't like was that every time you leave the hotel you have to leave your key with the front reception. I've been to quite a few countries and have stayed in many hotels and have never had to do this before. As a visitor staying in a foreign country you don't necessarily feel comfortable leaving your key with reception when anyone can easily come in and take it off the desk. People leave their valuables unattended in their hotel rooms so it wasn't a nice feeling knowing our key was basically left out in the open. They also lock the front entrance of the hotel sometimes which doesn't make much sense to me considering there are people that go in and out of the hotel all hours of the day. I could understand if it was past a certain time at night, but we came back one day during the bright daylight and the front entrance was locked (if I didn't see the doorbell I would've freaked out) FYI).

Finally, another area of concern for us was that only one out of the several outlets worked during our entire stay. Since it was two of us, obviously we had two phones to charge, and other electronics which made it difficult to do (especially since you don't get the full voltage through an adapter which increases charging time). Someone would always have to wake up early to remove one phone and plug the other one in to charge before we headed out for the day.

As for other comments -- The room also gets very cold but luckily you can manage the temperature via the temperature control in the room.

This was our third country we visited during our Euro trip so we were used to the small elevators but this one takes the cake! There was only room for two people (despite the sign that says a maximum of four people could fit in there), and only one person with one suitcase could fit in there. This wasn't really an issue for us but I can imagine it would be an issue for a single parent with young children, for example, who wouldn't feel comfortable leaving their children unattended while having to make multiple trips to their room to drop off their luggage in a foreign country.

Overall, front reception was helpful and friendly, the area was awesome, and there are many places to eat but because of the size of the room I don't think I'd stay here again

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family