“Completely Overrated”

Ranked #2 of 259 Concerts & Shows in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This risqué world-famous cabaret, performed in a 19th-century windmill, has been exciting audiences since 1900.
Reviewed 26 June 2015

I think I was expecting something a little more authentic and risqué when I attended the Féerie show at Moulin Rouge on the first night of my first trip to Paris. Although my expectations were not quite at the level of the Hollywood portrayal of the venue, I was very disappointed to see that this infamous burlesque show has diminished to somewhat of a senior citizen tour bus stop. The room is completely packed full of tourists to the point where you will be touching at least two people at all times. Many seats have their backs facing the stage, and there is not sufficient space to turn them forward. Moreover, the staff consistently struggles to move through the crowd to deliver food and drinks. We did not eat at the restaurant, but paid extra to have champagne included in our tickets— this was worth the extra cost! The show itself is pretty tame and rather unimpressive compared to similar shows in Vegas, but entertaining nonetheless. If you are looking to check an item off a bucket list item or have very low expectations, I say go for it. Otherwise, save your money and check out a different venue ;)

Write a ReviewReviews (11,704)
All reviews
in 507 reviews
"theatre"
in 444 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2015

We loved the show, very glamorous and colourful. However the attitude of the waiters put a bit of a downer on the whole experience. We tried in vain nearly all night to order a drink. The waiters either looked the other way or just totally ignored us, they were neither polite nor friendly. And when we did finally get to order a orange juice we were astounded to be charged 32 euro for 4 small glasses. We are not normally fussy but we paid a huge price for a ticket and would have hoped just to have been treated politely.

1  Thank Trish T
Reviewed 25 June 2015

First off I loved the show and all the performers were incredibly talented. However, we were lucky we were right at the front. The stage is tiny and they pack people in. If you were in the back your view would be very obstructed and considering the price of the tickets is not by allocated seat I do feel this is unfair.

The food was lovely but the service was very hectic with staff rushed off their feet to get all food served and taken away by the start of the show.

Tip: the show goes on for two hours with no interval and you getting to the toilets is tricky so go before hand!

1  Thank PaulaJC56
Reviewed 25 June 2015

We had a great time. the steak dinner actually exceeded our hopes and the service was also very good. We bought the medium priced meal, which meant we were seated near the middle towards the back, but that was fine. If you want to be nearer the stage, then book the expensive menu. That is not really clear on the website. Also note you will be seated with others. We booked direct and I could see no reason to book any other way. The show was extravagant and fabulous. My wife did mention she thought the guys could have shown a bit more skin, the girls we dressed ( or undressed) as expected but the guys never took their shirts off.