“Taking kids to the Moulin Rouge ”
Review of Moulin Rouge

Moulin Rouge
Ranked #2 of 261 Concerts & Shows in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This risqué world-famous cabaret, performed in a 19th-century windmill, has been exciting audiences since 1900.
Reviewed 24 June 2015 via mobile

Went as part of a tour group for dinner and show. If you are wondering about taking kids, my thoughts are provided and there are only a few things to consider. First the price as mentioned in every other review is high so consider your willingness to pay that amount for your kids to attend.

The 2nd and main consideration is the fact that the show contains topless female dancers. We took our 16 year-old son and 13 year-old daughter. Both of them really enjoyed the show. The toplessness is frequent and is unavoidable if you plan on watching the cabaret. However it is done tastefully. Our tour guide encouraged us to have the kids attend with us. We were glad that we did as our son stated that the topless girls weren't really a big deal and was more impressed with the acts in between the dancing. As we're my wife and I.

So if you are considering attending with children your decision will be based upon your tolerance level for your kids seeing topless women. They will on all likelihood enjoy the show.

Rated a 3 only because the food was average, the price extremely high, and the seating arrangements for us were very tight and uncomfortable. Overall, a very unique experience that many of all ages will certainly enjoy.

12  Thank daffymkrk
Write a ReviewReviews (11,885)
All reviews
in 513 reviews
"theatre"
in 451 reviews

Reviewed 23 June 2015

The wait to get in was long and one must have tickets pre ordered. The show was good, but moreover it is the name and one of the attractions in Paris to just have visited once.

Reviewed 23 June 2015

Seeing the Moulin Rouge in Paris is a great experience. The show is fun and fast paced. If you go to the dinner show, the food was very good and the atmosphere was iconic Paris cabaret. Be warned that you are packed in to the tables. I heard they had recently removed over 100 seats to make the dining room less crowded, but you have little room to move or turn your chair. This is a great thing for first time visitors to Paris, but not something I would do twice.

1  Thank Jacksmycat
Reviewed 23 June 2015

Loved it! Having read some not so good reviews on Trip Advisor I was a little apprehensive about booking Moulin Rouge. However, in the end I decided to book dinner and show and am so glad I did. It was exceptional. Both my wife and I had a fabulous time. The setting, the food, the show ... all absolutely wonderful.