“More Information for Customers Needed”
Review of Big Bus Paris

Big Bus Paris
Ranked #187 of 580 Tours in Paris
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Having used Hop on/off buses in at least 6 cities I had seen Big Bus often so didn’t hesitate to book it in Paris. I regretted it though. Firstly there was not enough info at all. I had no access to a printer or phone but did have email so thought that would suffice as it contained my conf # & proof of payment. After reading every word of their sit I finally found that It wasn’t, so I managed to get my hotel to print it for me. I emailed Big Bus Customer Service for answers to my other questions but 5 days later I am back home & never did get a response. The boat trip was really not as advertised. Big Bus does not give you the name of the boat company except in very small print on their map which I had to get at one of their bus stops. Then no directions on where to find the pier except that it was at the Eiffel Tower area. There are several companies there so it took a lot of walking to find it. Then there were long lineups. It took about an hour to get on. Rainy day tho so held fewer passengers. You can sit outside up top on sunny days.
The red line tour was pretty good but after reading about the blue line we decided that wasn’t worth doing (fewer buses therefore long waits & not much to see). The Paris at night Tour was very good. That I would recommend.
Overall I feel they would do much better if they just added more information to their website.
Price is a bit higher than other cities.

Bintou K, Sales & Marketing Executive at Big Bus Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for submitting your feedback on Tripadvisor, as this is the only way we may improve our sevices.

We apologize if there was some confusion about redeeming your e-ticket (if purchased on the official Big Bus Tours website), as you are able to do this with any of our Customer Service Representatives at any one of our stops.

We also apologize if you did not hear from our customer team that handles a large volume of emails on a daily basis.

As for the boat cruise, I am sorry for the confusion with the boarding point.

It is true there are several boat companies there, and that it may be confusing.

However, I assure you that we did our best to provide as much info as we can (the pier number and company name is stated on every boat ticket provided by Big Bus).

We do thank you for your feedback as we want everyone to have a great experience and are always looking at ways to improve our service.

Warm regards,

Bintou

Write a ReviewReviews (2,869)
All reviews
"several languages"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

New to Paris and travelling on my own with two teens and a younger child, I was keen to plan in advance and make sure to hit the highlights on our whistle stop tour of Paris. So I booked the deluxe two-day tour including boat trip.
We really enjoyed the red line and the boat trip. Don't bother with the blue line. It's boring and its main attractions are easily and more cheaply reached with the metro or a taxi.
Arriving to the office on our first morning, there was a long, out-the-door queue for buying tickets and exchanging vouchers. However, I had bought tickets in advance and was easily facilitated by the rep on the street and I got my pink tickets from her without queuing.
This is a great way to start your trip as you get a feel for the city. However, the buses can be packed, the stops sometimes not clearly marked and on the wet days, the buses are strewn with plastic ponchos. Not exactly 'deluxe'.
My last gripe was on our trip back from the Eiffel tower. On a whim, it seems, the bus driver turned off the ignition at stop three and told us it was finished. We had presumed we would go back to base at stop 4, where the office is. We ended up hopping into a taxi, frustrated, cold and wet.
To conclude, the red line is worth it, boat a good option, forget the blue line pay, attention to bus journey times and buy in advance!

1  Thank 75Catherine75
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Red tour / route is more flexible to jump on and off than the Blue route. Not very many stops on the Blue route and you need to walk more to enjoy the Montmartre area. We were lucky to tour on the top deck, bring a bottle of water with you as it is not easy to get on and off quickly ( not enough buses) and you will be waiting for the next bus for a while. We tried to use the river tour before using the bus tour, be aware this causes confusion and the staff are not very well trained to tell u that u need tickets for the river tour ( we purchased on our smart phone so didn’t have a “pink “ ticket that you will need for the Seine tour - a source of confusion, a lot of wasted time and frustration for our experience with big bus